F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Replacement cover

Hello. Does anyone know if this lower black piece is easily replaceable? Does it come pre-painted black? Thank you!

Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,148 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Which piece are you talking about, the gloss black "splitter" or the matt black rubber/plastic "whisker" under it?
The "whisker" is easy to replace and readily available, lots of info on here about it, mainly from our mate Unhingd.
The splitter is a little trickier to replace but I have done it after I hit a piece of stray road furniture and punched a hole clean through the original piece.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Which piece are you talking about, the gloss black "splitter" or the matt black rubber/plastic "whisker" under it?
The "whisker" is easy to replace and readily available, lots of info on here about it, mainly from our mate Unhingd.
The splitter is a little trickier to replace but I have done it after I hit a piece of stray road furniture and punched a hole clean through the original piece.
It's the gloss black piece.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Would you happen to have the part number for the gloss black piece?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,148 Likes on 2,319 Posts

The part number is T2R3562, see this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...embers-171269/
See post #4 in that thread for a link to the PDF of the fitting instructions.

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The "whisker" is easy to replace and readily available, lots of info on here about it, mainly from our mate Unhingd
This "whisker" deserves some manly shaving about once every 6 months, if you feel the under side you'll know what I mean...

Feel's like Desperate Dan's chin (if anyone remembers the cartoon!). But don't take a blow torch to it!

Enjoy...