F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something weird happened...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default HELP! Something weird happened...

I was driving my f-type r AWD coupe home after work today, and shortly after leaving the parking lot, i got warnings on my dash... e-diff malfunction, ABS not available, e-brake not available. (and there was another one i can't remember now) and dash message told me to drive with caution. i got to a red light and turned off the car and turned it back on but the same messages appeared. i thought at this point surely i have to book an appt at the dealership.

But once getting to the on ramp for the highway i gave it a nice step of the gas, it accelerated nicely and then i heard the exhaust pop quite a few times and then the warnings went away and all was normal... started the car a few times after that and all normal. I'm assuming the car had a glitch? should i still get this checked out at the dealer??

Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

lol... sees malfunction... gives it gas.

Yes, get it fixed. And don't do that next time.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
lol... sees malfunction... gives it gas.

Yes, get it fixed. And don't do that next time.
lol but it seemed to have worked? also happened to my moms A6 a couple years back. but yes definitely will get it checked.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by abhishriv
lol but it seemed to have worked? also happened to my moms A6 a couple years back. but yes definitely will get it checked.
Flooring it didn't solve your problem. Adding gas does not magically make an electrical problem go away.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:57 PM

Ok but has anyone else ever had this happen?

Old 06-24-2017, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

May be hard to diagnose if the symptoms are not exhibiting. Others have had similar multiple failure warnings which were the result of a weak battery or bad ground connection. Could be multiple explanations why it might correct itself, but the resolution is probably temporary.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I had wacky warnings go off all at once. Turned out to be a loose corroded ground wire. You should get it checked out.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...faults-182220/

Link added.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
I had wacky warnings go off all at once. Turned out to be a loose corroded ground wire. You should get it checked out.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...faults-182220/

Link added.
thanks! ill go soon as i can to have it checked out

Old 06-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,134 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Originally Posted by abhishriv
I was driving my f-type r AWD coupe home after work today, and shortly after leaving the parking lot, i got warnings on my dash... e-diff malfunction, ABS not available, e-brake not available. (and there was another one i can't remember now) and dash message told me to drive with caution. i got to a red light and turned off the car and turned it back on but the same messages appeared. i thought at this point surely i have to book an appt at the dealership.

But once getting to the on ramp for the highway i gave it a nice step of the gas, it accelerated nicely and then i heard the exhaust pop quite a few times and then the warnings went away and all was normal... started the car a few times after that and all normal. I'm assuming the car had a glitch? should i still get this checked out at the dealer??
This is a typical history for a battery low in charge - the various electronic modules require full battery voltage at all times and when they do not get it, random electronic issues can arise. Your car should warn you that the battery charge is low but this might have been a "marginal" case. There is lots of information on this sort of thing in the XK (X150) list - in virtually every case of an electronic malfunction the cause was a battery not at optimal charge. This is most often found on cars used infrequently or for short trips or in the worst case, a combination of the two. Solution: a CTEK battery maintainer used when the car is not in use. Result: zero problems.

The following users liked this post:
spindoc (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 PM

update: it happened again after driving for 10 mins. this time it didnt go away. took the car directly to dealership. will see what they say. Tech suspects a faulty battery

Old 06-29-2017, 11:33 AM

Update: Turned out to be a wheel sensor acting up. they cleared the codes and also had two software updates for ABS module. Errors are gone now and haven't come back in last couple of days.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (06-29-2017)