Sport vs reg Drive mode... - Page 2 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Sport vs reg Drive mode...

 
  #21  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Northern California
Posts: 109
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Dynamic + sport and paddles 98% of the time, the other 2% in D when my bride is along to illustrate to her that it can be docile, so that she can drive it if ever called for. The controls are so similar to her XJR that the transition has been easy.
 

Last edited by 16fnrbrg; 03-14-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add clarity
  #22  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Loomis, CA
Posts: 317
Thanked 93 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OzXFR View Post
Hmmm.
I notice that when I first move the shifter over to S it doesn't show what gear it is in, but as soon as I shift up or down with either the shifter or a paddle it shows the gear.
I'll have to try it one day - D plus S but don't touch the paddles or the shifter, and see if it upshifts automatically.
But that seems completely pointless to me, why would anyone have it in Dynamic & S and NOT then use either or both of the paddles and the shifter?
If you are in Dynamic and S and don't touch the paddles, the car changes the shift points. It downshifts more aggressively when braking and hold the gear longer when going up through the gears.

I tried both manual and auto in S mode at the track. The automatic S was actually pretty darn good at selecting the right gear. Not perfect, but neither am I.
 
  #23  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 654
Thanked 108 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by eeeeek View Post
If you are in Dynamic and S and don't touch the paddles, the car changes the shift points. It downshifts more aggressively when braking and hold the gear longer when going up through the gears.

I tried both manual and auto in S mode at the track. The automatic S was actually pretty darn good at selecting the right gear. Not perfect, but neither am I.
Agreed. I'm convinced the ZF box either reads my mind, or that I control it with my mind.
 
  #24  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 PM
PBBarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA (Kirkwood)
Posts: 395
Thanked 61 Times in 54 Posts
Default

I’m ALWAYS in both dynamic and S - I’ll admit I hated the thought of not shifting for myself but y’all are right - it’s like she reads my mind and shifts when I would. I tried the various manual options but for me without the third pedal it just wasn’t the same. I’ve gotten lazy but I don’t care because I grin like an idiot the whole time I’m driving. I still have a clutch and shift when I ride my bike.
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
carzaddict
XJ ( X351 )
7
01-16-2015 10:44 AM
ManMythLegend
F-Type ( X152 )
3
10-13-2013 11:05 AM
Mike007
XF and XFR ( X250 )
2
07-21-2013 07:29 PM
JimC64
Non-Jaguar Vehicles
5
04-30-2010 11:58 AM
Tomlite
XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 )
0
01-14-2009 11:02 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport vs reg Drive mode...


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: