Sport vs reg Drive mode... - Page 2 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Sport vs reg Drive mode...

Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 AM

Dynamic + sport and paddles 98% of the time, the other 2% in D when my bride is along to illustrate to her that it can be docile, so that she can drive it if ever called for. The controls are so similar to her XJR that the transition has been easy.

Last edited by 16fnrbrg; 03-14-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add clarity
Old 03-14-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR View Post
Hmmm.
I notice that when I first move the shifter over to S it doesn't show what gear it is in, but as soon as I shift up or down with either the shifter or a paddle it shows the gear.
I'll have to try it one day - D plus S but don't touch the paddles or the shifter, and see if it upshifts automatically.
But that seems completely pointless to me, why would anyone have it in Dynamic & S and NOT then use either or both of the paddles and the shifter?
If you are in Dynamic and S and don't touch the paddles, the car changes the shift points. It downshifts more aggressively when braking and hold the gear longer when going up through the gears.

I tried both manual and auto in S mode at the track. The automatic S was actually pretty darn good at selecting the right gear. Not perfect, but neither am I.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
scm

Originally Posted by eeeeek View Post
If you are in Dynamic and S and don't touch the paddles, the car changes the shift points. It downshifts more aggressively when braking and hold the gear longer when going up through the gears.

I tried both manual and auto in S mode at the track. The automatic S was actually pretty darn good at selecting the right gear. Not perfect, but neither am I.
Agreed. I'm convinced the ZF box either reads my mind, or that I control it with my mind.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 PM

I’m ALWAYS in both dynamic and S - I’ll admit I hated the thought of not shifting for myself but y’all are right - it’s like she reads my mind and shifts when I would. I tried the various manual options but for me without the third pedal it just wasn’t the same. I’ve gotten lazy but I don’t care because I grin like an idiot the whole time I’m driving. I still have a clutch and shift when I ride my bike.