F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storm wheels question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storm wheels question

Hello everyone. I am currently running a set of storm wheels, and was considering if I should replace it with aftermarket wheels. I heard that the storm wheels are forged wheels, but they are heavy. However I can't find any resources from online to prove these were not just rumor. So how heavy these wheels actually are? They are nice looking wheels and forged(Should be), but OEM. How much these worth for sale in the market typically? Any feedback will be appericated.

Also if anyone live in L.A and interested on my wheels can PM me

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2020, 04:01 AM
Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

If you like the look why change them? Do you track the car or do a lot of performance driving, then lighter wheels would improve the car.

From what I have seen and heard the options for aftermarket f type wheels is limited and very expensive.
Its a trade off because when you do these type of upgrades to cars its lost money should you sell or trade the car.
with aftermarket wheels they can be harder to replace if they get damaged. As with most aftermarket products
styles change and become "no longer available"

If you are a recent buyer of the car I always suggest you drive the car for a few months before making upgrades to make sure you are happy with the
car and all is well in other areas of the car.

Look on the inside of the wheel with a light there should be markings if they are raised, the wheels are cast not forged. if they are etched into the wheel
they are most likley forged wheels.

I have factory blade forged wheels I am happy with with the look and handling of my car. For me most of the aftermarket wheels I have seen
don't look good to me at least. There are a few exceptions but I like the factory look personally.

Last edited by 2004XJ8; 06-04-2020 at 04:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Portlander (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts

Which forged wheel design have you,

Old 06-04-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by powerhouse

Here are my wheels.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member

2004XJ8 , Do I see new tyres?

Old 06-04-2020, 06:09 PM

2004XJ8 , Do I see new tyres?
Yes they are new. About 3 months old and very happy with the handling and ride. firestone indy 500 fire hawks. they got great reviews.
I replaced a set of kumho's.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

This one has come up on here before. If you search around you can find the thread

Try this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...forged-208464/

Conclusion was that storm are forged as per Jag but are very heavy at 35lbs front and 40lbs rear. Heavier than several of the cast wheels

The SVR forged maelstrom I have are 28/29 lbs front/rear

Weight isn't everything of course. I'd suggest going with the style and design you like.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2004XJ8
If you like the look why change them? Do you track the car or do a lot of performance driving, then lighter wheels would improve the car.

From what I have seen and heard the options for aftermarket f type wheels is limited and very expensive.
Its a trade off because when you do these type of upgrades to cars its lost money should you sell or trade the car.
with aftermarket wheels they can be harder to replace if they get damaged. As with most aftermarket products
styles change and become "no longer available"

If you are a recent buyer of the car I always suggest you drive the car for a few months before making upgrades to make sure you are happy with the
car and all is well in other areas of the car.

Look on the inside of the wheel with a light there should be markings if they are raised, the wheels are cast not forged. if they are etched into the wheel
they are most likley forged wheels.

I have factory blade forged wheels I am happy with with the look and handling of my car. For me most of the aftermarket wheels I have seen
don't look good to me at least. There are a few exceptions but I like the factory look personally.
Well I don't track my car, is my daily drive. I do love the design of the wheel, however for every vehicle that I owned in the past I always have some visual modification on that, to have it stay away from OEM looking(Although OEM F Type is gorgeous!) and become 1 of 1 unique vehicle in the world - built by myself

About the lost value of the vehicle, I am about to keep this beauty as long as I can. So a set of better looking and lighter weight wheels will makes my day better. And Yes, I just have my F Type R for Two weeks! Love this beast.

After all I am still considering, I am pleased to keep my storm wheels, but if there anyone seeking for them I am also open for trading for a new set of wheels.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:24 AM

I have the first one, and I am actually surprised by the black edition. Never know they actually exist

Old 06-05-2020, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
This one has come up on here before. If you search around you can find the thread

Try this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...forged-208464/

Conclusion was that storm are forged as per Jag but are very heavy at 35lbs front and 40lbs rear. Heavier than several of the cast wheels

The SVR forged maelstrom I have are 28/29 lbs front/rear

Weight isn't everything of course. I'd suggest going with the style and design you like.
Yes I saw this one before. That is why I am confusing why as forged wheels, they are more heavier than some of the cast wheels. The SVR wheels are actually look brilliant and acceptable in weight. The only thing it really bothers me at this point is, on my previous BMW I have forged wheels for only 20 lbs for each of them, and now my wheels are double weighted.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

JIM ZHU have you a picture of your car with the wheels on, IMO that wheel you have is one of the nicest and not very common and one of the more expensive OEM rims.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:16 PM

JIM ZHU have you a picture of your car with the wheels on, IMO that wheel you have is one of the nicest and not very common and one of the more expensive OEM rims.

I love the silver portion of the wheel, especially in dark environment. However the black portion of the wheel for me seems bit redundant. Also those wheels are ridiculously heavy for forged wheels. So is a hard decision for me

Old 06-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JIM ZHU
Well I don't track my car, is my daily drive. I do love the design of the wheel, however for every vehicle that I owned in the past I always have some visual modification on that, to have it stay away from OEM looking(Although OEM F Type is gorgeous!) and become 1 of 1 unique vehicle in the world - built by myself

About the lost value of the vehicle, I am about to keep this beauty as long as I can. So a set of better looking and lighter weight wheels will makes my day better. And Yes, I just have my F Type R for Two weeks! Love this beast.

After all I am still considering, I am pleased to keep my storm wheels, but if there anyone seeking for them I am also open for trading for a new set of wheels.
There is no right or wrong it's your choice to make and enjoy. Congratulations on the car!

Old 06-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JIM ZHU

I love the silver portion of the wheel, especially in dark environment. However the black portion of the wheel for me seems bit redundant. Also those wheels are ridiculously heavy for forged wheels. So is a hard decision for me
Just my option which ever way you want to take it , your car look stunning and those rims suit it lovely, great package, I wouldn't change them, Id put your money in lowering the car and fitting spacers would look amazing and mean looking, Leave as is and do the mods,

Last edited by powerhouse; 06-06-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Just my thoughts on those wheels the silver on black give the wheel depth 3d looking vs straight up black provides no depth imop.

Carbuff2 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 02:33 AM
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

just put some h&r's and you'll feel better

here's another angle, i think h&r's lowers by 1.25

Last edited by wurldfamuz; 06-15-2020 at 02:40 AM.
JgaXkr (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by wurldfamuz

just put some h&r's and you'll feel better

here's another angle, i think h&r's lowers by 1.25
Super HOT Jaguar you got. Exactly what I am looking for. Set of HRE plus H&R is my dream set. Thats why I was considering if I should replace the Storm wheels with the HRE for better looking and better performance. Just not quiet sure how much will be storm wheels worth at this point and the weight difference between HRE and these.