Sponsored by:

Supercharged whine sound ....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Supercharger whine sound ....

Hi guys,
i drove from NJ to Long Island today. Until now i didn't hear too much S/C whine sound, it was on the mild side. I recently had the Eventuri cold air intake installed into my car. So, prior to today, i always had music blasting and the exhaust sound overpowered the motor sound. There's a section of road off the LIE that is a straight road, much like a drag strip. I turned off the radio and SMASHED the gas pedal down and boy oh boy ... did i hear the blower whine kick in !!!! And, my engine cover is on, not removed.
It's a wonderful sound. Some of you guys asked me if you can hear extra whine coming from the blower and the answer is absolutely, you can hear the supercharger when you get on the gas, But ... shutting off the stereo. Lol ....

Last edited by Ubad2; 06-24-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 06-25-2017, 02:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,278 Likes on 880 Posts

I took the cover off mine this weekand I can hear the supercharger whine. It is pretty piercing, my missus can hear it through the phone. I'm not sure whether it is because the cover is off, or because I am really focused on it. I'd love to drive next to it to see what it sounds like from the outside.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:30 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

think i'll give the eventuri a go