Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperSprint Italy wishes to thank TheRock88

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 10:02 PM
Sponsor
Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts
Default SuperSprint Italy wishes to thank, TheRock88

SuperSprint has developed and released the Sport Cats (proprietary design) specifically designed for 2016 to present model year F Type R with automatic transmission.

***SuperSprint would like to thank F Type message board member, TheRock88. TheRock88 provided our Fabrication R&D facility with his OEM stock Cats from his 2016 F-Type R sports car. Using TheRock88 stock Cats we developed and created the newly released Sport Cats, designed for the All Wheel Drive transmission model F Type R sports car.
Now we can offer our Sport Cats for the F Type R Rear Wheel Drive transmission model car and the AWD model Jaguar F-Type R sports car. Our products have ZERO droning sound and ZERO raspy tone.
(View video showing F Type R for sound sample)
TheRock88 is nothing less than a True Gentleman! Thank you very much for your assistance with this matter.***

Downpipe Right + Metallic catalytic
aka: Downpipe Right + Metallic catalytic for JAGUAR F-Type R AWD

Downpipe Left + Metallic catalytic
aka: Downpipe Left + Metallic catalytic for JAGUAR F-Type R AWD

Made from
100% Stainless steel, Oversized 65mm diameter gives optimal results.

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-17-2022 at 11:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Supersprint Sport Exhausts:
JgaXkr (02-18-2022), TheDrainPlug (02-18-2022), Turko (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 564 Posts

Hey...Thanks for the note!

Happy to donate the take-offs for the cause to help all the other members on here. Looks like they will be a nice item.

Best of luck with the production and sales with these.

DC

The following 3 users liked this post by Therock88:
RobMar (02-19-2022), TheDrainPlug (02-18-2022), Turko (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 09:36 AM
Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts

Way to go Rock! Any hp or tq numbers ?

Old 02-18-2022, 11:20 AM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
SuperSprint has developed and released the Sport Cats (proprietary design) specifically designed for 2016 to present model year F Type R with automatic transmission.

***SuperSprint would like to thank F Type message board member, TheRock88. TheRock88 provided our Fabrication R&D facility with his OEM stock Cats from his 2016 F-Type R sports car. Using TheRock88 stock Cats we developed and created the newly released Sport Cats, designed for the All Wheel Drive transmission model F Type R sports car.
Now we can offer our Sport Cats for the F Type R Rear Wheel Drive transmission model car and the AWD model Jaguar F-Type R sports car. Our products have ZERO droning sound and ZERO raspy tone.
(View video showing F Type R for sound sample)
TheRock88 is nothing less than a True Gentleman! Thank you very much for your assistance with this matter.***

Downpipe Right + Metallic catalytic
aka: Downpipe Right + Metallic catalytic for JAGUAR F-Type R AWD

Downpipe Left + Metallic catalytic
aka: Downpipe Left + Metallic catalytic for JAGUAR F-Type R AWD

Made from
100% Stainless steel, Oversized 65mm diameter gives optimal results.

You have the video you referenced in the post? I'd be VERY interested in these if they avoid the raspy tone. I've heard some cars with other sport-cat options, and the tone was way too raspy for me. If these avoid the rasp I'd be all over mating a pair of these to a Larini valved exhaust, I feel like that'd make possibly the best sounding production V8 on the planet.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:04 PM
Sponsor
Default Ipf4, Here you go .......

Here are sample videos for you to see & hear. Zero Drone sound and Zero Raspy tone.

This video specifically shows you the F Type R exhaust system and Sport Cats being built/fabricated by hand by expert Italian craftsman. Go directly to the 8:22 Time Marker and you will see the sport cat being hand-built. But I encourage you to watch the entire video. Everything is built by hand at our fabrication facility.

Thank you for considering SuperSprint exhaust system products.
Regards,
Roberto

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-18-2022 at 06:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Supersprint Sport Exhausts:
TheDrainPlug (02-18-2022), Turko (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 10:32 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there any way to install these and defeat the CEL without requiring a tune?

Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Zer0
Is there any way to install these and defeat the CEL without requiring a tune?
Most likely way would be to install an O2 Sensor Bung/Extension in the Mid and Post Cat O2 Sensors on each side. Otherwise, tune it. The Cats with lower density are less effective and the ECU will assume they are defective otherwise.

DC

Example:

Last edited by Therock88; 02-18-2022 at 10:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zer0 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Most likely way would be to install an O2 Sensor Bung/Extension in the Mid and Post Cat O2 Sensors on each side. Otherwise, tune it. The Cats with lower density are less effective and the ECU will assume they are defective otherwise.

DC

Example:

Thanks. I’d like a bit more volume but also want to keep the ECU stock (warranty / resale).

Old 02-19-2022, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks. I’d like a bit more volume but also want to keep the ECU stock (warranty / resale).
I tried them & they did not work.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I tried them & they did not work.
What did you try them on? I have used them on several Jeep Wranglers, a couple of Porsches, and BMW's while I waited on tunes, and never got a CEL on any of them with these types extensions.

But it is possible, if you already have a poor running engine, or super picky ECU you still may get a CEL. No guarantee they work in all applications, but if you DO NOT want to get a tune, there are not a lot of options really. In fact, I cannot think of any?

DC

Old 02-19-2022, 10:13 AM

I've read a few posts that suggest you can change the emissions setting, presently trying to get a bit more information on how this is done - hopefully without needing to tune the car.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

I've read a few posts that suggest you can change the emissions setting, presently trying to get a bit more information on how this is done - hopefully without needing to tune the car.
Interesting. Assuming with the JLR Software (SDD, etc.) ? Let us know what you find out...May help others. Good luck.

DC

Old 02-19-2022, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Therock88
What did you try them on? I have used them on several Jeep Wranglers, a couple of Porsches, and BMW's while I waited on tunes, and never got a CEL on any of them with these types extensions.

But it is possible, if you already have a poor running engine, or super picky ECU you still may get a CEL. No guarantee they work in all applications, but if you DO NOT want to get a tune, there are not a lot of options really. In fact, I cannot think of any?

DC
I have a 2015 F Type R with 8000 miles. I purchased the 200 cell cats from Stuart @ VAP. I was really hoping to not to have to tune the car as I am well aware of the non oem calibration flag that stays with the car. I purchased these from Fabspeed https://www.fabspeed.com/universal-o...RoC4ScQAvD_BwE hoping they would work. After driving the car app 100 miles the check engine light came on. I called Stuart & he said they would not work on the Jag. I purchased the tune @ the same time as the cats so I just downloaded it. The light has never come back on. In the past I have used the extenders on my 2000 XKR which had the Nameless racing pipes fitted & they worked. They just took a very long time to pass the self test.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

You used to be able to change the country which would allow you to change the emissions. Years ago on the early V8 cars we would change to ROW (rest of world) & it made a huge difference in performance.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

I have a 2015 F Type R with 8000 miles. I purchased the 200 cell cats from Stuart @ VAP. I was really hoping to not to have to tune the car as I am well aware of the non oem calibration flag that stays with the car. I purchased these from Fabspeed https://www.fabspeed.com/universal-o...RoC4ScQAvD_BwE hoping they would work. After driving the car app 100 miles the check engine light came on. I called Stuart & he said they would not work on the Jag. I purchased the tune @ the same time as the cats so I just downloaded it. The light has never come back on. In the past I have used the extenders on my 2000 XKR which had the Nameless racing pipes fitted & they worked. They just took a very long time to pass the self test.
Got it. Thanks.

Yes another crazy anomaly of these cars! I figured they would be pretty picky with (6) O2 sensors. Guess they are too sensitive. I assume you used these on the MID and POST Cats...No need on the pre-Cat O2, but you would need 4 on these cars...

DC

Old 02-20-2022, 02:27 AM

You used to be able to change the country which would allow you to change the emissions. Years ago on the early V8 cars we would change to ROW (rest of world) & it made a huge difference in performance.
Hi, what changed it’s the later V8 cars? Do you know if it’s still possible and how? Thanks.

Old 02-20-2022, 05:30 PM
Sponsor
Default Info from SuperSprint Italy on new Sport Cats

For TheRock88 and other message board members, here's the link for manufacturing and technical information provided by the owner of the company, pertaining to the newly released AWD version SuperSprint Sport Cats. I thought it is best to start a new thread so this technical information gets maximum views instead of being buried deep within this thread.
Thank you...
Roberto

Here's the link; https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...t-cats-256411/

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-20-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
Here are sample videos for you to see & hear. Zero Drone sound and Zero Raspy tone.

This video specifically shows you the F Type R exhaust system and Sport Cats being built/fabricated by hand by expert Italian craftsman. Go directly to the 8:22 Time Marker and you will see the sport cat being hand-built. But I encourage you to watch the entire video. Everything is built by hand at our fabrication facility.

Thank you for considering SuperSprint exhaust system products.
Regards,
Roberto
Hi,

Quick one: is it just the downpipes + sports cats in these videos or the Supersprint exhausts as well?

Old 02-23-2022, 05:12 AM
Sponsor
Default Hello ZerO .......

Quote;. " Hi,

Quick one: is it just the downpipes + sports cats in these videos or the Supersprint exhausts as well? "
End Quote

With the two videos showing the white F Type R sports car, it has the complete setup, Sport Cats, center pipes and our exhaust touring muffler. The tubing size is 65mm from one end to the other.
It's a complete exhaust system. Any other questions you may have, please ask and we will answer your questions.
Thank you ....
Roberto

PS.... Here's the back story previously posted on this message board, explaining why and how we at SuperSprint Italy had the opportunity to create a new exhaust system for the Jaguar F-Type R sports car.

****. When we created the RWD version Sport Cats, we had in our possession a 2015 F Type R sports car for almost one month to do R & D and develop the Sport Cats for said vehicle. The owner already had his car tuned due to the fact he had " different brand" Sport Cats and exhaust muffler installed onto his car. This "other" Sport Cat has a totally different design, completely different from our proprietary F Type R Sport Cat. The owner had to install an aftermarket software tune in the engine, to turn off his CEL light on the car's dashboard. He was not pleased with the change in the car's exhaust sound due to droning tone with raspy sound coming from the exhaust. For this specific reason, he surrendered his car to our R&D fabrication shop for one month so we can create a new Sport Cat and also create our version of the exhaust muffler without the unpleasant drowning raspy sound coming from the exhaust. This was the circumstance, that allowed us to develop the newly developed Sports Cats and exhaust muffler for the F-Type R sports car. We created the new F Type R exhaust muffler and RWD version Sport Cats which eliminated any droning sound and or raspy tone coming from his new exhaust system. ****

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-23-2022 at 05:25 AM.