F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB for Fuel Fill Issue?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
This is a srange problem. My car came from a Cleveland dealer in a stock trade with the dealer in Ranco Mirage, Ca. It had no problem in Ca. and no problem in Las Vegas.
This is an issue with a bad evaporative emission valve located in the filler neck. It's been a problem on a percentage of cars since the beginning of production. My filler neck was replaced back in 2015. No problems since.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I own a 2015 XF 3.0 SC and bought the car brand new.

I was experiencing the fuel fill up problem every time I tried to fill with gas.

I had read on line that the fix for this was to replace the fuel filler neck which had been revised.
I brought the car to Dealer A and they confirmed that there was a redesigned filler neck
and that they would replace my factory filler neck with the redesigned version.

They had the car for most of the day and as soon as I left the dealership I attempted to fill up the car and experienced the same problem. I went back to dealer who installed the so called redesigned filler neck and asked if they had tried to fill the car up before they called me to say it was ready. They said that they had not which was complete stupidity on their part. They then said to bring car back and they would need to remove gas tank etc. to further troubleshoot my problem. I told them that in no way would I bring the car back to them and I scheduled an appt. with Dealer B.

Dealer B had the car for just a few hours and called to tell me that repairs were completed and that they had tested it by filling car up at a local gas station. They also said that the problem was that Dealer A had not used the redesigned filler neck but had simply used a new filler neck which was not the redesigned version. Dealer B reassured and showed me part number differences which demonstrated that Dealer A had not used the resigned version of this filler neck. It is now about one year since these repairs were made and I have never encountered any filling problems since the new and revised filler neck was installed.

I wonder after reading many posts of people who had filler neck replaced and still had problems, if the correct revised part was used or if their dealers simply took what they had in inventory which may be the filler neck that was not redesigned.

The following 2 users liked this post by spanky145:
Diorama Sky (07-07-2019), Misujerr (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

I plan on taking in the TSB to the dealer for a fix on this issue, but until then this is the way I will be filling my tank
It was the first time I was able to fill it without it shutting off multiple times.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:36 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Yup, that's how I have to do it too. Still takes like 10 minutes to fill. But I found a place today where I could actually fill it the regular way! Almost worth it to drive 15 minutes out of my way to do it...
And yes Spanky, I think that could be a very real possibility, thanks for highlighting it. I think someone else documented the same thing?

Old 07-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had my 2016 F-Type serviced under the TSB not long after I purchased it, and the problem seemed to go away for a few months, but has since returned.

Not sure if it's the same issue as you had, Spanky, since mine seemed fine for a while, but it's worth asking my dealer about this (or going to another dealer if I get no love from mine). Thanks for sharing this!

Old 10-15-2019, 01:40 AM

Thought I would resurface this thread as - after complaining repeatedly that the fuel pump was still clicking off even with the new fuel filler neck - I was finally told by my dealer that there is a NEW TSB for the fuel filler neck.

I eagerly brought my car in last week to have it replaced again. Apparently the service department at my dealer had a difficult time installing the new neck (which was extremely concerning), but eventually I was told they had properly installed it.

Well tonight I refueled my car, and the fuel pump no longer clicks off. Yay. However, now I have a much bigger problem, which is that the fuel pump doesn't STOP when the tank is full(!). When the tank was full, instead of clicking off, it just started overflowing and spurting out the holes and edges of the pump like it was going to explode, and when I stopped the pump and yanked it out, fuel gushed everywhere.

I've had my car for almost ten months now, and not once do I remember enjoying the simple pleasure of refueling my car without wondering if something was going to go wrong. I would be lying if I said I didn't sometimes miss being able to do that...

Old 10-15-2019, 02:30 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by Diorama Sky
Well tonight I refueled my car, and the fuel pump no longer clicks off. Yay. However, now I have a much bigger problem, which is that the fuel pump doesn't STOP when the tank is full(!). When the tank was full, instead of clicking off, it just started overflowing and spurting out the holes and edges of the pump like it was going to explode, and when I stopped the pump and yanked it out, fuel gushed everywhere.
Sounds more like a pump issue to me as surely it's the back pressure that causes it to shut off. Is that a pump that you've used before?

Old 10-15-2019, 10:22 AM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Sounds more like a pump issue to me as surely it's the back pressure that causes it to shut off. Is that a pump that you've used before?
+1 pump issue.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 528 Likes on 344 Posts

Bumping for myself. I need to get this TSB applied.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2016 CPO F-Type had the TSB completed last week (filler neck replaced), but this did not help at all. The fuel nozzle still clicks off every 30 seconds. Taking it back to the dealer on Monday.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 PM

Thought I would resurface this thread as - after complaining repeatedly that the fuel pump was still clicking off even with the new fuel filler neck - I was finally told by my dealer that there is a NEW TSB for the fuel filler neck.

I eagerly brought my car in last week to have it replaced again. Apparently the service department at my dealer had a difficult time installing the new neck (which was extremely concerning), but eventually I was told they had properly installed it.

I've had my car for almost ten months now, and not once do I remember enjoying the simple pleasure of refueling my car without wondering if something was going to go wrong. I would be lying if I said I didn't sometimes miss being able to do that...
I had mine replaced a month ago at Jaguar/Land Rover dealer in San Diego. The service advisor knew all about it. Now, the nozzle might click off once during a fill but not every 15 seconds like before the filler neck was replaced. The beauty is I don't have to stand on my head to get the gas into the tank anymore.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:10 AM

Thank you for the feedback. I'll try it at a different gas station and post an update.

But I will say that I've never once had this happen to me in all my years of driving. So... it would be a pretty incredible coincidence.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:27 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. I'll try it at a different gas station and post an update.

But I will say that I've never once had this happen to me in all my years of driving. So... it would be a pretty incredible coincidence.
In my 49 years of driving I've had this happen to me exactly once, and that was a pump fault, it didn't automatically stop.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 373 Posts

I've found a couple of gas pumps recently that pump too vigorously. And those cut off repeatedly as they fill (even on non-Jaguar cars).

Perhaps its a 'new thing' with gas stations that want to increase customer turnover by having pumps that fill more rapidly?

Old 10-23-2019, 09:15 AM
Received 177 Likes on 97 Posts

Mine is a northeastern US car and the TSB definitely helped with the problem.
In fact the first time after I had the fix done I was skeptical and went to top it off with another click, and it filled so much gas that I could see the fuel level from the filler - not good.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I've found a couple of gas pumps recently that pump too vigorously. And those cut off repeatedly as they fill (even on non-Jaguar cars).

Perhaps its a 'new thing' with gas stations that want to increase customer turnover by having pumps that fill more rapidly?
You may be on to something. I have had my car for 16 months now. The last 2 times I have filled up I get the handle going off. Never happened up till now. Maybe due to all the California gas tax and the 4.35 a gallon I paid this morning.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Noshame
You may be on to something. I have had my car for 16 months now. The last 2 times I have filled up I get the handle going off. Never happened up till now. Maybe due to all the California gas tax and the 4.35 a gallon I paid this morning.
$2.66 for premium today vs 4.35?

Old 10-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
$2.66 for premium today vs 4.35?
That is why I will be moving to my Dataw SC house next year full time. That and the rest of the CA taxes. (End rant.)

Old 10-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Noshame
That is why I will be moving to my Dataw SC house next year full time. That and the rest of the CA taxes. (End rant.)
You guys can move to Illinois. The gas prices are pretty good (I paid $3.69 for premium yesterday at Shell) and there's a lot of good housing buys because everyone is getting the hell out'a here. Oh, but that's right, you want to pay lower taxes.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

In Maryland suburbs around DC, premium now at $3.29.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSB for Fuel Fill Issue?