F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity AP Springs Installed F Type R Coupe w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Oh does anyone know the center bore for the Coupe? Im thinking 63.3mm.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
I have heard of the car, seen the car on the internet, but have not looked much further. I does raise my eyebrows though- I have had 8 AMG's in my life and about 6 months ago almost took down an SLS but backed off for the Turbo S.

Yes indeed, I have seen the vid(s) of several cars. One member on Audizine with just the APR tune ran 10.7xx or 10.8xx and then with 100 octane he was around 10.6xx. I have just a tune as well but with Cali 91 octane my map is less aggressive but the car is still nuts. Oh, I do have my Jag tuned (since 140 miles), and its running very strong.
Are you considering adding the smaller pulley to your Jag?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by shift
There's a video of a 700hp RS7. Think with the AWD it did 10.x in the 1/4 mile!
The AMG GT is debuting Sept 9, really looking forward. Love the SLS. If the AMG GT looks remotely like the SLS I might have to sell a kidney soon.
There will be two kidneys on the market then! Lol

Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Are you considering adding the smaller pulley to your Jag?

Yes I am but I want to wait for more installs on this product first. A tuner (not to be named) apparently copied a pulley and it f'd up an owners car. I waiting for my well known tech to confirm its good to go. I gained about 35 peak hp and 40 peak tq on the tune and it definitely feels stronger than stock.

The following users liked this post:
Dremorg (09-08-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:35 PM

Update, found out the center bore is 63.4 vs other Jags which is 63.3... who would have thought 1/10th of a MM makes a difference. I just received my custom spacer set made by Adaptec in Nevada. I will post pics as soon as I install- the lowering springs are definitely feeling good and I have not been bothered by them being too bouncy.

Oh I got this yesterday:

Old 09-21-2014, 05:53 PM

Wow! That's a beauty Vic. Why not white? lol

vic55 (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Wow! That's a beauty Vic. Why not white? lol

Ha--- it was one of one and I sold my red Turbo S so I found it fitting. If I was to order one then I do believe white would be my first choice. There is something about Ferrari red though.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

good lord! how may car forums are you on now
Ferrari Red for sure. No car company has such a strong association with color as Ferrari.

vic55 (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:59 PM

Fitting it is bro in every way...I wish I was "fitting" into it. Ha ha. It's hot in any color! It's one of my favorite cars. Congrats & good luck with it.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I want to be vic when I grow up.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Very nice Vic! You don't keep your cars long, do you?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by another_geek
Very nice Vic! You don't keep your cars long, do you?

I have serious issues

Old 09-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Update, found out the center bore is 63.4 vs other Jags which is 63.3... who would have thought 1/10th of a MM makes a difference. I just received my custom spacer set made by Adaptec in Nevada. I will post pics as soon as I install- the lowering springs are definitely feeling good and I have not been bothered by them being too bouncy
Two questions Vic,
What thickness spacers did you order for front and rear?
Does your comment about the Velocity AP springs suggest they are somewhat bouncy, but no so much to be bothersome... Or am I reading too much into your wording?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
Two questions Vic,
What thickness spacers did you order for front and rear?
Does your comment about the Velocity AP springs suggest they are somewhat bouncy, but no so much to be bothersome... Or am I reading too much into your wording?

1. 15mm all the way around--- ill start a new thread for the spacers as I think they might interest owners with stock ride heights.

2. I probably should have elaborated. Anytime there is a suspension adjustment downward on stock damapeners, usually there is a bit more compression and rebound (2 stage springs). I have been told these Velocity AP springs are more of a true progressive spring that provides more realistic comfort over softer undulations and tighter compression and rebound at higher speeds. So I was stating that Im rather pleased that the springs have not caused any issues for me in regards to comfort and handling. The opposite occurred with my H&R springs on my 2013 M6- the drop was excessive (1.2 inches) and the 2 stage set up caused way too much rebound.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

1. 15mm all the way around--- ill start a new thread for the spacers as I think they might interest owners with stock ride heights.

2. I probably should have elaborated. Anytime there is a suspension adjustment downward on stock damapeners, usually there is a bit more compression and rebound (2 stage springs). I have been told these Velocity AP springs are more of a true progressive spring that provides more realistic comfort over softer undulations and tighter compression and rebound at higher speeds. So I was stating that Im rather pleased that the springs have not caused any issues for me in regards to comfort and handling. The opposite occurred with my H&R springs on my 2013 M6- the drop was excessive (1.2 inches) and the 2 stage set up caused way too much rebound.
Thank you for the excellent clarification.
As I recall, you did not have but a couple hundred miles on the F-type stock suspension before changing to the Velocity springs... Was that limited exposure sufficient to establish a basis for generating a fair comparison in ride quality?

Clearly, you have a lot of experience modifying many different sports cars...
I'm interested in a follow-up assessment between stock and Velocity springs now that you've had a chance to put some additional miles on the F-type...

As well, how might you compare/rate the overall suspension change to some of the other vehicles you've lowered.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
Thank you for the excellent clarification.
As I recall, you did not have but a couple hundred miles on the F-type stock suspension before changing to the Velocity springs... Was that limited exposure sufficient to establish a basis for generating a fair comparison in ride quality?

Clearly, you have a lot of experience modifying many different sports cars...
I'm interested in a follow-up assessment between stock and Velocity springs now that you've had a chance to put some additional miles on the F-type...

As well, how might you compare/rate the overall suspension change to some of the other vehicles you've lowered.
You are correct, my mileage was low but more than a couple hundred (666 to be exact LOL) but I had enough driving pushing the supsension via my normal high speed routes, big bends, and sharp turns (I live by a very open highway that allows me do such things- Mexican Toll Roads ), to make a personal assessment for a before and after. Its still subjective and some may need less time and some may want more. The car now has a little over 1000 miles and I will continue to drive the car more as its very enjoyable to drive stock or lowered. The last few weeks I was able to get the car up to low to mid 100's and take my familiar big bends at higher speeds; the car felt very planted at straight line speeds and even in higher speed turns relatively flat (with the new springs). I only use the dynamic suspension because my roads are very good.

I have probably lowered every one of my cars that Ive owned sans the new 991 TT-S and the Black Series (8 AMG's, 6 M's, 3 Audi's, 5 Porsche's, GTR, and few choice others). I do think stock suspension from a function standpoint is almost always better unless one uses coilvers and gets a proper alignment. But these springs rank at the higher level of spring only mods Ive done on my cars. These are street cars so a little form cant hurt and I felt the F Type sat too high. These Velocity springs, based on my personal ownership experience of lowering cars with stock dampeners (non coilover job) are good. Not too extreme in the drop so the springs work better with the OEM dampeners and a better design so when the car flexes down the spring holds up well and then also doesnt bounce back that much. Again all subjective based on what Ive had but if you are interested in dropping the car you will be happy IMHO- without losing performance.

Last edited by vic55; 09-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.
aJAGMan (09-22-2014)
Old 04-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Has VelocityAP mentioned anything in terms of alignment? It appears that the drop is mild enough that the car can be aligned back to factory settings..otherwise you would be chewing through tires..

Old 04-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Has VelocityAP mentioned anything in terms of alignment? It appears that the drop is mild enough that the car can be aligned back to factory settings..otherwise you would be chewing through tires..
The 'official' answer is you should always check your alignment after suspension modifications. This is a relatively mild change so you might be within a reasonable tolerance. Up to the individual. It's probably worth getting checked.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Vic, any chance you possibly measure the ground clearance with your drop from: 1.) Bottom of the rocker panel, and 2.) bottom of the "$40" plastic front lip?

And, since I'm still a few days out from delivery... would anyone else be able to do that on an R Coupe as well please?

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Vic, any chance you possibly measure the ground clearance with your drop from: 1.) Bottom of the rocker panel, and 2.) bottom of the "$40" plastic front lip?

And, since I'm still a few days out from delivery... would anyone else be able to do that on an R Coupe as well please?

Thanks!
R-Coupe: 5.5" to bottom of front lip.

TXJagR (04-16-2015)

Quick Reply: Velocity AP Springs Installed F Type R Coupe w/Pics