Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify the belt situation. Our supplier (who is the OEM supplier to Jaguar) produced our order of belts in two batches. They sample 3 belts from each production run at random and record average length. The first batch had an average length which was 7mm longer than our specification. Some people reported slippage from this batch of belts.

The second production run much more on spec, nobody has reported slippage from production run number 2. To change the belt, nothing from the FEAD is required to be removed, just get a socket & bar on the tensioner, remove tension and slip the belt off/on.
Thanks for explaining Stuart. I got the belt from David Appleby in August 2018, but not yet installed it. Is my belt likely from the second batch?

Old 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Sponsor
Received 821 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by F-Type-Type
Thanks for explaining Stuart. I got the belt from David Appleby in August 2018, but not yet installed it. Is my belt likely from the second batch?
Yes, it should be. If you're concerned you can take a measurement of the center line of the belt. Correct measurement of length is not on the grooved faces but the side face. Usually you can see a little of the cord there.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-27-2018, 03:28 AM

Yes, it should be. If you're concerned you can take a measurement of the center line of the belt. Correct measurement of length is not on the grooved faces but the side face. Usually you can see a little of the cord there.
Thanks Stuart. What should the length measured along the side be? Any suggestion what instrument to use for measuring the belt?

Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 AM
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

A tape measure did the trick for me, or a piece of string & then measure the string.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Robinus
A tape measure did the trick for me, or a piece of string & then measure the string.
I can do that. Measured it to 146,6 cm (57.72 inch). Now all I need is to know the correct length for the belt so I have something to compare to:-)

Last edited by F-Type-Type; 12-27-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Received 350 Likes on 235 Posts

F-Type Type See post 10 in this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...6/#post1963411

The following users liked this post:
F-Type-Type (12-28-2018)
Old 02-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before - but with 39 pages now on this post I'm going to be lazy!

Has anyone with the F type R with the Velocity AP pulley and tune run track events with their car? If so, how did your car perform? Mine (stock trim) was flawless twice here in South Florida - no heat challenges. Did your radiator and intercooler do well? No power cut backs? Issues?

Regards,

Inman

Last edited by inmanlanier; 02-04-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before - but with 39 pages now on this post I'm going to be lazy!

Has anyone with the F type R with the Velocity AP pulley and tune run track events with their car? If so, how did your car perform? Mine (stock trim) was flawless twice here in South Florida - no heat challenges. Did your radiator and intercooler do well? No power cut backs? Issues?

Regards,

Inman
That is a timely post for me. I put a pulley on a couple of days ago and occassionally felt some sc slippage right after pedal-down. I took the belt off and found some belt dust on all pulleys with minor wear on the sc pulley side of the belt. I'm not sure if the wear is new or old. So I cleaned all pulley grooves and flipped the belt inside-out to get the fresher side on the sc pulley. Problem solved, so far.

Are you running the same length/brand serpentine belt?

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 02-04-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I've not yet procured the pulley, belt and tune. My stock motor (original belt and all) shows no issues at all on the track. It is the original belt.

Having said that, I'm trying to find out if anyone has had some track time with the cars with the tune (i.e. closer to 650 HP vs. stock 550 HP). By track events I was referring to road courses vs. 1/4 mile.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:25 PM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
I've not yet procured the pulley, belt and tune. My stock motor (original belt and all) shows no issues at all on the track. It is the original belt.
Mine was fine stock. The new pulley is smaller and smoother. The belt tensioner should pick up the slack but I think was due to the amount of belt contact area, the smoothness of the new pulley, and more resistance from a faster sc spin rate. It's all good now that I flipped the belt sides, but it was dissapointing to have less power after the pulley install. It would be good to do one component at a time to avoid hidden errors.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good stuff, Do you make anything for the p300?

Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tsar21
Good stuff, Do you make anything for the p300?
We believe that our V6 exhaust systems will fit the 4 cylinders, but have not had the opportunity to confirm this yet. Springs may also be the same as the V6 but again we have not had the opportunity to assess.

Tuning wise, there is nothing yet available for the Ingenium engines with which we can read & write the ECU.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-25-2019, 05:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Slowly edging towards pulling the trigger (once I have my SC and fuel pump changed out tomorrow!!)

Two questions

We have two fuel octanes here in the UAE, 95 and 98. Should I be using the 98 on my V6 base? When I get my tune, that is based on that octane right, so I have to pick one and stay with it?

On an 'Older' engine (80K kilometers), does this place an overbearing strain on the engine as it is not used to it (even though in S trim it is almost the same as the tune), or should it be OK?

Hey, sorry, apparently there are no such things as stupid questions, but I am a software engineer, clanky things are not my forte.....

Old 02-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kirk Morey
Slowly edging towards pulling the trigger (once I have my SC and fuel pump changed out tomorrow!!)

Two questions

We have two fuel octanes here in the UAE, 95 and 98. Should I be using the 98 on my V6 base? When I get my tune, that is based on that octane right, so I have to pick one and stay with it?

On an 'Older' engine (80K kilometers), does this place an overbearing strain on the engine as it is not used to it (even though in S trim it is almost the same as the tune), or should it be OK?

Hey, sorry, apparently there are no such things as stupid questions, but I am a software engineer, clanky things are not my forte.....
On a forced induction engine, in a warm climate I would use the highest octane pump fuel you have access to, irrespective of Mods. If you are tuning the vehicle especially. If you have to put junk fuel in, the car will pull timing and restrict output if knock is detected but you should stick with 98 if you can get it.

Any mods you make to increase output increases some demands on the engine, however, your engine is the same as the 380 & 400 HP variants, just with different calibrations so really 415BHP is not a whole lot more to ask of it.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-25-2019, 06:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Can someone from VAP explain the different levels of exhaust tuning available on the V6 tune? I heard you can "increase" the number of pops and snaps. What does this mean, exactly?

Old 02-26-2019, 12:17 AM

On a forced induction engine, in a warm climate I would use the highest octane pump fuel you have access to, irrespective of Mods. If you are tuning the vehicle especially. If you have to put junk fuel in, the car will pull timing and restrict output if knock is detected but you should stick with 98 if you can get it.

Any mods you make to increase output increases some demands on the engine, however, your engine is the same as the 380 & 400 HP variants, just with different calibrations so really 415BHP is not a whole lot more to ask of it.
Stuart

Many thanks for filling in the mechanically 'challenged' (Me).. Car is in today for SC and HP fuel pump change out. Once I get it back (hopefully no longer sounding like a tractor), then you are next on my wish list..

Old 02-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk Morey
Stuart

Many thanks for filling in the mechanically 'challenged' (Me).. Car is in today for SC and HP fuel pump change out. Once I get it back (hopefully no longer sounding like a tractor), then you are next on my wish list..
I've had VelocityAP tunes on both the F-Types that I've owned here in the UAE and haven't faced a single issue. I've actually gone the whole hog and had the crank pulley, 200 cell cats and VelocityAP exhausts too on both with absolutely no complaints. All using 98 octane.

I did face an issue once due to a tune from one of our local "tuners" here so do your best to avoid them Kirk . You'll be happy (and pleasantly surprised) with the VAP tune!

Old 02-26-2019, 01:09 AM

Sounds great, I can't wait. Hopefully, the work I am getting done today fixes my tractor noises, if not I may have to get tappets done, ouch....

Old 04-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have any quick guide on how to restore the stock ECU from velocity?

there is no guide, other than i should do it?

i have the original programmer, the original car file on my computer and the velocity mod file on my computer

what should i do?

plug the programmer into car and choose something?

im stuck

Old 04-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Received 350 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonjm
anyone have any quick guide on how to restore the stock ECU from velocity?

there is no guide, other than i should do it?

i have the original programmer, the original car file on my computer and the velocity mod file on my computer

what should i do?

plug the programmer into car and choose something?

im stuck
I have attached a copy of the VAP flasher instructions. When you flash make sure you attach a battery charger and/or make sure your battery is fully charged so the flash doesn't get interrupted. If it does you may brick the car's ECU.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VAP Flasher Instr.pdf (2.75 MB, 165 views)

Last edited by RGPV6S; 04-01-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R