Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Who has the highest mileage F-Type?

 
  #1  
Old 01-13-2019, 08:23 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Default Who has the highest mileage F-Type?

And how have they held up?
 
  #2  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:23 AM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 660
Thanked 110 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Not me, I'm on 2,951.
 
  #3  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:40 AM
Carbuff2's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Exit 30 in NorthWest NJ
Posts: 262
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Default

I have heard of one with 90,000 miles.

Helping a friend shop for an F-Type, and there is one FS locally (NYC area) with ~ 50K miles, at a 3rd party dealer.
 
  #4  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:56 AM
Arne's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 1,031
Thanked 250 Times in 181 Posts
Default

There is a V6S conv. for sale in Norway now with 136 000 km.
 
  #5  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 114
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Arne View Post
There is a V6S conv. for sale in Norway now with 136 000 km.
This one is worse: https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/jag...0.html?ref=srp
 
  #6  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:14 AM
DJS
DJS is online now
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metrowest Boston
Posts: 4,084
Thanked 930 Times in 707 Posts
Default

Put mine in storage with 48,436 miles on the clock. No major issues, outrageously fun car, bought new.
 
  #7  
Old 01-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: north of Houston
Posts: 290
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Mine was new when I took delivery a little over a year ago. About to go in for its second under-warranty service. Just over 31K miles on it as of this weekend...so, not a 'high mileage' in the sense that some think of miles, but it was better than 30K miles in a year. And no, this is not even all of my annual driving...

F-type seems to be holding up ok...biggest concern is that the windshield seems to crack if you so much as look at it wrong. Have not replaced it yet, but expect to have to do so within the year. Am trying to hold out until it absolutely cannot be put off any longer...

The XK8 is pushing 190K miles and the X-Type is near 160K.
 
  #8  
Old 01-14-2019, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 656 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vika01 View Post
I think you mean "better", not worse, because the beautiful F-Type in question is listed as having 147,500 kms on the odometer. Ah...the nuances of language.
 
  #9  
Old 01-14-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 114
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sov211 View Post


I think you mean "better", not worse, because the beautiful F-Type in question is listed as having 147,500 kms on the odometer. Ah...the nuances of language.
ehmm no. Itís worse because it has about 10K kilometers more than the car the person I replied to talked about
 
  #10  
Old 01-14-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mbelanger View Post
F-type seems to be holding up ok...biggest concern is that the windshield seems to crack if you so much as look at it wrong. Have not replaced it yet, but expect to have to do so within the year. Am trying to hold out until it absolutely cannot be put off any longer...
If its not under warranty, most insurance (perhaps US only) covers glass with no deductible.

 
  #11  
Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 PM
KVO
KVO is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Antwerp area / Belgium
Posts: 122
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vika01 View Post
Expensive...
 
  #12  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:47 PM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 660
Thanked 110 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vika01 View Post
ehmm no. Itís worse because it has about 10K kilometers more than the car the person I replied to talked about
It's not really better or worse, just "higher".
 
  #13  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Mbourne's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,423
Thanked 395 Times in 294 Posts
Default

38K miles on it as a 2014. No significant issues so far. I love it as much as always.
 
  #14  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,185
Thanked 3,018 Times in 2,283 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mbourne View Post
38K miles on it as a 2014. No significant issues so far. I love it as much as always.
Only 30K on mine, but much better than new, and troublefree since the clutch was sorted.
 
  #15  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM
DJS
DJS is online now
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metrowest Boston
Posts: 4,084
Thanked 930 Times in 707 Posts
Default

Slackers...
 
  #16  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 53
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Just over 46k miles on my V8S vert. 0 issues with it. Daily drive it and take it on road trips. No tracking. Top is put down 4-5 times a day almost year round (unless it's raining) here in Cali. Not a hint of an issue.

Honestly couldn't be happier with this car. It's close to as good as it gets for a sports GT at the price point.
 
  #17  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:42 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Byrnout View Post
Just over 46k miles on my V8S vert. 0 issues with it. Daily drive it and take it on road trips. No tracking. Top is put down 4-5 times a day almost year round (unless it's raining) here in Cali. Not a hint of an issue.

Honestly couldn't be happier with this car. It's close to as good as it gets for a sports GT at the price point.
Great news, thanks for posting.
 
  #18  
Old 01-16-2019, 06:19 PM
EJag66's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Leonardtown, MD
Posts: 20
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Not me, just went over 6K.
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StealthPilot
F-Type ( X152 )
23
11-24-2014 02:58 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the highest mileage F-Type?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: