Window Tint - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ldmack3
Beautiful!
Still say White is the only color for the coupe...
There's a reason why Jaguar exclusively used a White coupe in their advertising...I won't argue with either one of you,lol!

Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tint! If you do it, 35% llumar ceramic is my preference. Great quality and major heat reduction. I did 35% around my current all around the car and the visor. Once I get an F-Type, it's going to be the same except Instead of the visor, pay the massive price for the windshield tint that is like 70% but blocks UV Rays also. Gotta protect that leather!

Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I like that as you can still see into the car some. What percent please?
I'm pretty sure it's 35%.... Not perfectly sure of that anymore because it's been awhile but I believe that was the number

The following users liked this post:
1JaggyJag (10-14-2023)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

Window Tint - Yes or No?-ykwicf0.jpg

That is a stunning shot. (Can't believe I can't get [more than two, of the same angle] a stunning shot of a V6S in Stratus Gray with the Propeller wheels).

1JaggyJag (10-14-2023)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Another thing to consider about tint is the lighting changes so much during the day. I love the 35% ceramic functions.

You need ceramic, metallic blocks phone signals and the remote signal and dyed looks like crap over time (even the good ones), they also don't block nearly enough heat.

With a black interior, I think its vital to tint in order to be comfortable touching your interior, especially on a hot day when you get back to your car. I have a good ole manual and I know prior to tinting, touching the metal/leather shifter knob was impossible.

Going by the pics on this thread, its just taking a car that looks like an 11, and turns it to a 12. @mm767cap, absolutely gorgeous, makes me rethink my color choice to white from firesand.

1JaggyJag (10-14-2023)
Old 12-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I plan on getting 35% again. Less chance for a fix-it ticket and still looks good.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful!
Still say White is the only color for the coupe.
I agree with white. Incredible looking car! I have almost the same thing on order!

1JaggyJag (10-14-2023)
Old 12-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64
Personally, I think a medium tint, smoked will be nice and good for heat and a little privacy.

I don't like the limo black pimped out look on any car to be honest and would ruin any F type imo
I definitely am not doing that look!!! That look "cheapens" any vehicle -
Do. Not. Like. It.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
It already comes with tinted glass , and I agree with your dealer. Dark tint is illegal on driver and pax windows in my state, but even if it weren't, I'm not into the "celebrity limo" look.
I've only seen a quick pic of my coupe, I can't get there before Saturday to pick it up. I noticed on that pic that the windows look tinted. My GM said it has some factory tint. That's why I decided to see it first and drive it a few days before deciding. I'm on the AL Gulf Coast and it gets H. O. T. here!!
When I have my vehicle windows tinted I do less than the legal limit I don't like the windows dark.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
I've only seen a quick pic of my coupe, I can't get there before Saturday to pick it up. I noticed on that pic that the windows look tinted. My GM said it has some factory tint. That's why I decided to see it first and drive it a few days before deciding. I'm on the AL Gulf Coast and it gets H. O. T. here!!
When I have my vehicle windows tinted I do less than the legal limit I don't like the windows dark.
We must have been neighbors considering there isn't much AL Gulf Coast. We had a place in OBA before we sold it about a year go. We LOVED it down there, but could only manage to make it 2-3 times a year.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Tint

I did 50% on all 3 windows on my vert. It looks quite nice and not too dark to draw legal attention. It reflects enough of the heat to be functional also,

Many are darker, but in CA you're asking for trouble.

I will try to get a picture up.

Scott

Old 12-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

With all the discussion regarding window tint no one has mentioned tinting the pano roof from a heat/IRA perspective. So you coulld allow the light in on a bright, sunny day but not so much heat and glare. Is there a reason no one appears to do this?

1JaggyJag (10-14-2023)
Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

With all the discussion regarding window tint no one has mentioned tinting the pano roof from a heat/IRA perspective. So you coulld allow the light in on a bright, sunny day but not so much heat and glare. Is there a reason no one appears to do this?
No it can be done too. The roof is already tinted and rejects UV. So you would only bother if you had a tint which could really perform against IR.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
We must have been neighbors considering there isn't much AL Gulf Coast. We had a place in OBA before we sold it about a year go. We LOVED it down there, but could only manage to make it 2-3 times a year.
OB is beautiful, as is the entire Gulf Cioast. Gorgeous sugar white sand you don't find on the other beaches in the US.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
OB is beautiful, as is the entire Gulf Cioast. Gorgeous sugar white sand you don't find on the other beaches in the US.
Absolutely true! I've never seen prettier beaches anywhere on the planet.

PD2911 (12-05-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I am debating it internally, taking the car on Monday to have it the xpel paint protection applied to the vehicle, debating whether or not to add the tint, the only thing I don't like about tint is at night its tough to see the mirrors

Old 12-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigcat
I am debating it internally, taking the car on Monday to have it the xpel paint protection applied to the vehicle, debating whether or not to add the tint, the only thing I don't like about tint is at night its tough to see the mirrors
I am considering a lighter tint that offers more IR protection like the PhotoSync that Stealth mentioned or the 3M crystalline.

What parts of the car are you having filmed? I am still undecided whether to go with a ceramic coating or the film. If I choose the film I plan to cover the full hood, side panels, doors and the spoiler.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 AM

I am considering a lighter tint that offers more IR protection like the PhotoSync that Stealth mentioned or the 3M crystalline.

What parts of the car are you having filmed? I am still undecided whether to go with a ceramic coating or the film. If I choose the film I plan to cover the full hood, side panels, doors and the spoiler.

Wouldn't it be best to do the film and the coating? Film for rock protection and coating for paint protection where not filmed?

On the tint I did side windows only at the max allowed in Texas and have no problem seeing the mirrors. I did not do the back as its strictly a sun shine issue for me. The mirrors are the first auto dimming I've ever seen that really work.
Wish the visors would rotate to the side!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Wouldn't it be best to do the film and the coating? Film for rock protection and coating for paint protection where not filmed? On the tint I did side windows only at the max allowed in Texas and have no problem seeing the mirrors. I did not do the back as its strictly a sun shine issue for me. The mirrors are the first auto dimming I've ever seen that really work. Wish the visors would rotate to the side!
Yes. In fact I will coat the whole car after applying film so the film is coated too.

Quick Reply: Window Tint - Yes or No?