General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2009 XF Luxury Driver side power seat not working properly.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 XF Luxury Driver side power seat not working properly.

Hello everyone. I’m having an issue with my 2009 Jaguar XF Luxury. I just purchased it used last month. And so far I love the car. No problems whatsoever until today. I was waiting on someone that was at a doctor’s appointment. I decided to put the deiver’s seat all the way back so I could take a snooze while waiting. When my girl came out of the office I hit the button on the side to bring the seat up right. But it would only move about 6-9 inches and then stopped. It’s nearly all the way back still. I tried to go back again and then forward. But it almost seems like it’s stuck and when it gets to the point the seat motor stops. It doesn’t make and noise like it’s trying to working it just cuts off. I looked on a different forum before finding this one. And they said try the fuse box. But I’m those caress the east wasn’t moving at all. Mine will move back and forth and about a quarter of the way up. But the it stops. Also I open the fuse box panel located on the passenger’s side floor. But I can’t tell which one is the power seats. The car didn’t come with an owners manual. I don’t want to hit the wrong fuse. Any ideas?

Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

I would push up on the seat back while holding the switch to see if it has stripped a gear. It's always been advised on other cars I've owned not to make the seat back move you too when you bring it back up from reclining. The ones I've worked on before, (not Jaguar), have used a motor with a worm gear. Classic symptom of a stripped gear is for it to keep running and no movement.