General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help installing a after market stereo without adapter.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help installing a after market stereo without adapter.

I would appreciate the help if someone could tell me the diagram of the oem stereo wires because I was changing the stereo on my 02 Jaguar x type and the wires were cut by the previous owner and then reconnected but the wires are exposing and I don't want a short circuit.so I was wondering if anyone knows a diagram of the OEM harness so I could connect my stereo directly with out a adapter.thanks

Old 11-30-2017, 03:13 AM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

If it were me, I'd splice the original wires back together properly then get a kit from this place:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-BnoNOrkR2rL/

I'll bet they'll send you a print if you ask. They've always been great when I call them.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:31 AM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Originally Posted by Elias Jr
..... the wires were cut by the previous owner .....
Butchers doing 'upgrades' really annoys me. Some of the worst are even in the vehicle audio trade.

There's two sound systems in the X-Type. You don't yet have sufficient posts to download files from the forum so I'll try the schematics here as JPG's:

STANDARD

PREMIUM

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Need help installing a after market stereo without adapter.-x-type_1.jpg   Need help installing a after market stereo without adapter.-x-type_2.jpg  

Last edited by GGG; 11-30-2017 at 03:33 AM.