General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Radio Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Help Please

Hey guys so I need some help with my 02 X-type stock radio

It plays nothing, no sound whatsoever. I have removed a door panel and tested with another speaker and still nothing. I haven't pulled the radio. I am curious what you would do. Should I look at fuses/amp/wiring/back of radio/speakers again? It's been like this too long and drives are wayyy too boring

Old 11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

After I put the Borla exhaust system on my Corvette, I didn't want to listen to the radio for a long time. I can just imagine what a Borla would sound like on a supercharged like mine.

Check fuses first , then pull the amp/radio and see if it's even plugged in. Does the radio light up and look like it's working?

Old 11-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately this ole 3.0 doesn't have quite the tone of a borla supercharged corvette hahah
Any ideas if I should be looking at fuse block under the hood or in trunk? Or just the under dash one?

Radio turns on, looks like it should work, changes channels everything

Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

I can't really say about yours since mines from a different generation. I have the manual for the 2010 on up XJ but not yours I'm afraid. Since the radio appears normal I'd be thinking it has a separate amp and that's where to look. Mine has the B&W system and the manual shows the amp on the left side of the trunk. I would guess the fuse is there. Wish I could point you right at it but maybe that will get you started.