General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

anyone have 1st hand experience with Fidelity extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default anyone have 1st hand experience with Fidelity extended warranty?

Like the title says, looking to see if anyone has first hand experience with Fidelty Extended Warranty plans? I read a lot of mixed reviews on-line, and some threads on this forum too, and the consensus is everything from "its worthless" to "it covered $25k in repairs."

Looking to purchase the Platinum coverage, which is an exclusionary plan.

From their website:
PLATINUM coverage plan

In addition to offering the same features of Powertrain, Silver, Gold, and Gold Plus, Platinum expands to cover almost all assemblies of your vehicle, giving you the “Ultimate Peace of Mind” protection.
Platinum Exclusions
UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE EXCLUDED:

Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components and assemblies, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/High Voltage batteries as listed under Silver Coverage Plan, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, or vinyl and convertible tops.

Discuss.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 PM

277 views in a 24hr period and no replies... does no one have experience, or did I post this in the wrong place?

Old 03-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but from the exclusions I'm having a job working out what IS covered! Just the engine by the look of it. And if a hose goes (not covered), and the engine blows a head gasket, is it covered?

I'd chuck it in the bin!

The following users liked this post:
supercat'dXKR (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jimforrest (uk)
I don't know about anyone else, but from the exclusions I'm having a job working out what IS covered! Just the engine by the look of it. And if a hose goes (not covered), and the engine blows a head gasket, is it covered?

I'd chuck it in the bin!
Well, thats what an exclusionary policy means. If it IS on that short list, it's not covered. If it's NOT on the list, you're in the safe.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:41 PM

I'm not sure that's correct Super - consider the situation where a (not covered) heater hose bursts, and 30 seconds later the oil boils and destroys the engine. My interpretation is that you are NOT covered (and you can bet the insurance company will say the same). Instead of paying them, put some money in a 'disaster pot'. If it's still there at Xmas - spend it on the kids!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thx!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 AM

ttt

Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have the Fidelity EW under the Gold plan, I would have loved to get the Platinum level but it was $10k for my 2007 XKR. I have had NO issues with them covering repairs. I have had the following replaced/repaired by them.

Rear Main Seal
Rear Passenger Axle Seal (twice now), they covered the "service" of the rear diff each time too.
Thermostat

They didn't argue with any of it and the Rear Main Seal was a $2400 fix. They send out an inspector, he signs off and the repairs are done and I pay my $100 deductable.

Fidelity is the preferred and ONLY Extended Warranty approved by Lincoln, Cadillac etc. CPO coverage.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by MadHtrXKR
I currently have the Fidelity EW under the Gold plan, I would have loved to get the Platinum level but it was $10k for my 2007 XKR. I have had NO issues with them covering repairs. I have had the following replaced/repaired by them.

Rear Main Seal
Rear Passenger Axle Seal (twice now), they covered the "service" of the rear diff each time too.
Thermostat

They didn't argue with any of it and the Rear Main Seal was a $2400 fix. They send out an inspector, he signs off and the repairs are done and I pay my $100 deductable.

Fidelity is the preferred and ONLY Extended Warranty approved by Lincoln, Cadillac etc. CPO coverage.
Glad you have good experience.

$10k for the platinum level is double than what it goes for. Shop around, you can buy the coverage from any dealership, so you can walk into a Toyota dealer and buy it from there. I'm sure buying it from the Jag dealer would come with a Jag style markup.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
Like the title says, looking to see if anyone has first hand experience with Fidelty Extended Warranty plans? I read a lot of mixed reviews on-line, and some threads on this forum too, and the consensus is everything from "its worthless" to "it covered $25k in repairs."

Looking to purchase the Platinum coverage, which is an exclusionary plan.

From their website:
PLATINUM coverage plan

In addition to offering the same features of Powertrain, Silver, Gold, and Gold Plus, Platinum expands to cover almost all assemblies of your vehicle, giving you the “Ultimate Peace of Mind” protection.
Platinum Exclusions
UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE EXCLUDED:

Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components and assemblies, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/High Voltage batteries as listed under Silver Coverage Plan, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, or vinyl and convertible tops.

Discuss.
Not that it's Jaguar-specific, but, my VW dealer sells the Fidelity plan as the extended warranty for new veedubs out to 5/70 (which I bought in '12 for my Jetta which came with 3/36). Have had occasion to use it a couple times since I tripped the 3/36 trigger and have to say that it has done what I wanted: taken care of the issue (note, the vw powertrain is 5/50) with minimum drama. Yes, I chose the 100 deductable, but, considering the cost of some repairs, 100 bucks (or quid, or clams, or whatever) is a small price to pay, especially considering the complexity of rides today.

I would NOT buy a car like a Jag without some extended warranty behind it. I shudder to think what it might cost to repair some of the more arcane and flashy features in the car if it popped its clogs leaving you on the hard shoulder.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:18 AM

How much money are we talking about per year for this extended warranty? The reason I ask is because these cars aren't very expensive (2nd hand) and I'm wondering if the economic model balances out.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a big response pool but their rankings on yelp and the like are very low