General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jaguar XJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XJ

Just bought a 2014 XJ and when I tried to put diesel in it seems the nozzle of the pump doesn't fit tried different garages all the same anyone had same problem

Old 06-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Is it a petrol?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

You have already posted in F-Type Forum about problems with OSH (OnLineService History) and in both your Intro and X351 forums about condensation in the back lights. With this latest post about fuelling the vehicle, I was starting to think this is a classic internet troll.

However, I see you have posted photos of a white XJ in your forum garage and the registration number shows on the MIB (Motor Insurance Bureau) as insured. Further checking shows the vehicle is an XJ 3.0 litre Diesel so I'll accept for now that your question is genuine.

The diesel model has a Misfuelling Protection Device to prevent accidentally filling with petrol. The Owner's Handbook warns that the device can be triggered by the use of fuel cans or older fuel pumps.

When activated, the yellow protection device will be visible inside the filler neck and must be reset before fuelling can continue. Can you see this device in the filler neck?

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XJ-misfuel.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
JagV8 (06-06-2018)