General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

On Line Service History - RESOLVED

Old 06-30-2019, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On Line Service History - RESOLVED

Hi

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I have done a search and could not find anything.

Does anyone know if the mileage for the Jaguar On Line Service History is recorded manually by the Service Department or by connecting the car through the OBD port as I have discovered that my car has a discrepancy between the odometer (lower) than that shown on the On Line Service History (higher).

Clearly my concern is that the odometer has been adjusted but I have been told that a warning sign would have appeared next to mileage if anyone had tried to amend the figure.

Thanks

Last edited by GGG; 07-10-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Add "RESOLVED" to thread title
Old 07-01-2019, 02:47 AM
GGG
Received 10,333 Likes on 8,492 Posts

Welcome to the forum Tony,

Is this a big difference suggesting clocking or a minor difference that is annoying?

At my dealer (Stratstone Jaguar at Houghton-le-Spring), the mileage reading for OSH is entered by the Service Advisor as the vehicle is booked in and not by the Technician so it is a manual reading/entry from the odometer and not an SDD check of the stored value in the ECM.

Provided the DTC's have not been cleared, you will be able to work out from a comparison of an SDD "Events by Distance" printout with service records when the OSH (recorded) and ECM (actual) mileages diverged.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 07-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Hi Graham

Thanks for your response, I have also entered my information on the New Members Area.

In relation to the mileage discrepancy, the variance is 13 k on a X J R Sport (17 Plate) that I have recently purchased and I am liaising with the Dealership (Grange) to investigate the reasons for the difference although understandably it will require the involvement of the On Line Service History Management Team to amend the record.

I will of course keep the Forum informed of the outcome.

Tony

Old 07-02-2019, 02:30 AM
GGG

Tony,

That IS a serious and suspicious discrepancy. I hope you get a satisfactory response and result from JLR.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Tony R (07-02-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Hi

Just to update the Forum on this issue:

I am pleased to report with the help of the supplying Dealership ( Grange) and the J.L.R. On Line Service History Team the record for my car has been amended and the odometer mileage confirmed.

It would appear that another Dealership inputted the wrong service information on my car whilst trying to update another vehicle - just in case it happens to any other Forum Member.

Tony

GGG (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 05:13 PM
GGG

Tony,

Thanks for posting the outcome. Good to hear it has been resolved satisfactorily and was an error rather than suspicious activity.

I've added "RESOLVED" to your thread title.

Graham

Tony R (07-11-2019)