Looking for Denso Navigation Firmware Update - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Looking for Denso Navigation Firmware Update

Old 12-15-2008, 11:12 PM

Default RE: Looking for Denso Navigation Firmware Update

>>I'll definitely be VERY interested to see whether that new version delivers. Are you sure BG is the latest version, though? On their site they seem to be talking about BH. I guess it'll be interesting to see which version you actually end up with.

I ordered the replacement upgrade today. It is version BH for a 2005 S-Type. I ordered at 1:45 CST. The order shows that it will be delivered by 5 PM on Wednesday.

Toller
Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM

The BH version of the NAVTEQ navigation software arrived and loaded without a hitch.

Toller
Old 12-20-2008, 09:41 PM

1X43-10E898-BH....Yes.

I own a 2005 S-Type 3.0.

When I inserted the disc, the screen announced that an update was in progress and that I should shut off the ignition. It seemed to go on forever. At any rate, it seems as though there was a firmware update as well as new maps.

Eric (Toller)
Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 AM

I see your current disc is 1X43-10E898-BB. The new one should load just fine or....you have a terrific case for sending it back for a full refund. The "BH" is just a version number of a product. Since you have the same product, you should be able to update it with a product with the same number.

Toller
Old 12-23-2008, 05:09 PM

I note that in a previous message that I should have said "update was in progress and that I should not shutoff the ignition."

Glad to see it worked for you. I don't note the differences that you do but then I had a later version to start with. I do note that there's a bit more detail for things like parks and open space and bodies of water. My address is also a bit screwed up though it's better now than it was. Haven't tried setting the home location with the screen.

Eric
Old 12-27-2008, 01:27 PM

will this "new updated" disc work in my 2004 xjr ?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 PM

It should. However, I suggest that you look at http://www.jaguarusa.com/us/en/owner...s/services.htm

Look at the product # on your existing DVD. It will end in something like BC or BD. Compare the rest of that number with the product offered at this website. If it's the same,you are good to go. The current version is "BH".

Eric
Old 03-26-2009, 07:16 AM

Someone with a recent DVD, can you e-mail me the file called loading.kwi - should be about 10-20MB.

I want to check if it contains separate update or it's one big program.