General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

XF 2010 not accepting Smart fob in fob docking station

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF 2010 not accepting Smart fob in fob docking station

Hi Everyone... Two years ago my battery died. On that journey my smart fobs would not sync to my vehicle. In the end, I purchased two fobs from my trusted independent Jag service facility to replace/program the two fobs. All good but lighter in the wallet.

Recently, through a long night and a tow truck ride home...I needed to rely on my smart key docking station to start my car...my smart key was being rejected from the fob docking station. It simply would not seat as it should. I tried two of my fobs recently, with the same result. So I have some time to figure this out, before I bring my Jag back into the service center.

There has been plenty of references to Smart fobs, but I did not see anything exclusively posted on the smart fob not working in the docking station.One post stated that the docking station is not recognizing the fob,so it will not seat.

My only guess is my service center did not check to see if the docking station would receive the new programmed fobs which are working normally in all other areas.

Speculating I need to sync the fobs to the docking station? If I can avoid the service center, great...if not, and this requires the service center to get involved ..so be it. Just seeing if there is a fix that I can make.

Thank you in advance for reviewing the post and any guidance...