I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar I-Pace Buyer Shares Ownership Experience: Range Issues, Regrets...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Jaguar I-Pace Buyer Shares Ownership Experience: Range Issues, Regrets...

Jaguar I-Pace Buyer Shares Ownership Experience: Range Issues, Regrets...

Unsurprisingly, this article is brought to you by a Tesla fansite.

The following users liked this post:
enderle (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Ha! I saw that on my news feed and read it, completely unaware that it was from a Tesla fansite. Midway through I said to myself: "This sounds like a hit-piece commissioned by Tesla." When I got to the end I discovered I was right.

enderle (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw that article too, what a complete puff piece that is designed to make the iPace look negative. The owner could have easily researched the iPace range had he done a few web searches to realize what existing owners were getting in real world results, or even what some other reviewers have tested and posted articles about. Saying that the range is broken and thus the dealer and Jag needs to fix it is not a fair review, pretty biased if you ask me.

I had the SW update recently and like others that have posted, we have seen our range estimates increased. Mine went from a usual 190miles at full charge to now between 230 and 245miles at full charge. The software updates were performed by the Jag dealer and only took 1.5hours. Dealer had to do because one was recall for the regen brakes and the other a gateway module update which I understand is part of the motor control.

It is a shame that Tesla writers and owners need to bash other vehicles to justify their purchase. Competition is great for our industry, it will help all the BEV manufacturers improve, but there is much truthful discourse missing from the commentary today.

enderle (07-08-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Here's a new 'puff piece' from InsideEVs.com:
Jaguar salesmen seem more interested in this Tesla Model 3 than the I-Pace

In my own experience, such 'stares' at Tesla cars have been mostly 'eye-rolls'.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Here's a new 'puff piece' from InsideEVs.com:
Jaguar salesmen seem more interested in this Tesla Model 3 than the I-Pace

In my own experience, such 'stares' at Tesla cars have been mostly 'eye-rolls'.
The comments sections about sums it up, click bait on the part of InsideEV. They posted in humor section so it can be edgy and not have to get into the facts that are brought up by the comments.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts

+1 on the "eye roll". The Model 3 is capable but it isn't very attractive and the fit and finish is nearly infamously bad. I take this as an indication Tesla is seeing the I-Pace as legitimate competition.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
+1 on the "eye roll". The Model 3 is capable but it isn't very attractive and the fit and finish is nearly infamously bad. I take this as an indication Tesla is seeing the I-Pace as legitimate competition.

I weigh in as an admirer of the I-pace but, I own an XE and Velar. I have been overly impressed hearing Tesla owners rave about their cars to which I almost believed their cool aid does not contain calories. And, I think Tesla's are pretty neat cars. But, being a bit more studious of financials, and I maybe very, very wrong, I do believe there is a day of reckoning in the future when Tesla crashes financially. In business when I am overwhelmed by a flashy competitor, I wonder, "how does he or she or they do it?" I know my business and its fundamentals. Then I look at my competitors flash and glitter and promises in amazement. Then one day, there is a quiet storm and my answer to , "how can they do it", plays out. They could not do it!

My thought here, that Tesla is not too big to fail, someone seemingly will have to buy them or they will just run out of cash. But this is only an opinion on a forum and I am much more a gear head than a financial analyst!

enderle (07-20-2019)