Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

Tunes from Eutotek and Eurotoys

Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 278 Likes on 193 Posts
Default Tunes from Eutotek and Eurotoys

Since I have had a few PM requests of where to get tunes I thought I would post my not terribly qualified opinion which is: I don't know...

After first talking to Mike at Eurotoys he was verbally guaranteeing I would see 28-30 HP from his tune, but after asking for that guarantee in writing, he changed his "tune" 180 degrees. All was fine and dandy until it was time to put it in writing, then it was completely a no go. He even outrightly said "I can't guarantee anything because you will just find a crooked dyno operator to falsify the results to show a lower gain just to get your money back" So for me, obviously Eurotoys is out. I cannot work with anyone who fundamentally sees the world as a bunch of crooks.

Then I called Eurotek who told me that he was selling the canned tune to Eurotoys. After speaking with him further (unbelievable B.S.) I realized I should not have believed that statement that he was selling to Eurotoys and must now retract my statement that Eurotek was selling to Eurotoys as this is almost certainly false. Also worthy of note, neither of these places has a single "tuner" on staff, they are only reselling a canned tune.

In my case, with 17 psi of boost and still running the stock compression, had I installed the "canned" tune from either seller, which consists of advancing timing and leaning out the mixture, I suspect the results could have been disastrous detonation and part breakage, possibly catastrophically.

If you have a completely stock XJR, then maybe you would be just fine.

When I asked before the "wiser" advice from this forum was only go to some place that has an actual live "tuner" on staff who will tweak the program on the dyno with your specific car, otherwise who knows if it will help or hurt you.

I recommend following that wiser advice which is if there is no tuner on site then do not do the tune.

Again, I'm sure that both of these tune sellers will be very uphappy to see this review, but I think it is important and helpful to the forum that I share my experience and my opinion. Not that I am "right" in my view that they are not to be trusted, but my specific experience strongly suggested to me that they should not be trusted.

Last edited by WaterDragon; 11-19-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

It is really disappointing that there are not hand-held programmers or laptop based software or chips or piggyback boards for Jaguars, especially when these types of things are abundant for many other makes. It is especially frustrating since there were a number of articles I have come across in Jaguar World Monthly where they were talking about some Jaguar where more horsepower was derived and the only thing done was to "tweak" the programming. Some outfit like Hypertech should offer some simple hand-held tweaker.

Doug