Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Editing One's Own Posts - Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Editing One's Own Posts - Is this possible?

Hello,

I am relatively new to this forum (as in just posting for a few days), so this feature may be something that "kicks in" after I have some set number of "non-garbage" posts but, if it is, I can't find that documented.

When I did a search of the FAQ for "Edit Post" it appears that there exists a small black "Edit" button that can show up. I don't know if post editing is turned off for everyone, permanently, or what's up.

I often find I hit the "Submit" button only to see I've misspelled something or left out a detail that occurred to me and I'd intended to go back and add, but didn't.

If the "Edit Post" function is turned off, could I make a request that it be turned on, even if it's only for a time-limited period after a given post is originally made? For myself, I find it far more difficult to follow a thread when people have to post follow-ups to their own posts in an effort to correct a mistake or include an omission.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. (I don't consider this a technical question, or if it is it's about forum use technicalities).

Brian

Old 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

the edit button will show up in the bottom right corner when available. Full access occurs 3 days/10 posts then it should appear.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Brian,

Here is the view I see of your post:

Editing One's Own Posts - Is this possible?-edit.jpg

(click on the image to enlarge it)

I've arrowed the Edit button at the bottom right.

Selecting this allows you to edit the text but NOT the thread title. Only the Mod Team can edit titles.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
timetraveler1 (03-23-2014)
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your very prompt replies.

Graham, I can assure you that the "Edit" button is not showing up in my own view of my own posts. However, Steve's post points out exactly why that is.

I'm sure I will have irritated enough people by posting soon that it will turn on. ;-)

Brian

Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi there, thanks for the post.

As a registered member you have basic access to the site, once you have reached Full Forum Access, much greater access is granted allowing you to better use / view the site.

I know in todays fast paced world, waiting can be excruciating sometimes. This is however, just one of the self protection measures we have employed after many years of serial spammers / hackers etc.

Please beare with us and once FFA is sorted you will be able to edit your posts and more.

Many thanks

Old 03-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Rather than ask why I am unable to edit my thread title, I searched here. Sometimes even an idiot makes a wise decision!

The following 2 users liked this post by timetraveler1:
GGG (03-23-2014), TonyQJ (04-02-2024)
Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by timetraveler1
Rather than ask why I am unable to edit my thread title, I searched here. Sometimes even an idiot makes a wise decision!
You do yourself a grave injustice!

However, we do await final proof of your new found editing skills.

Graham