Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

For the Forum Lords

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 AM
DB6
ud
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default For the Forum Lords

I notice that the cars for sale option on here is pretty much buried along with anything else for sale in a generic section at the deep bottom of the home page.

How about having a dedicated cars for sale within each model range group in the forum, ( parts and trade for sale might be good too along the same lines).

Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey DB6, firstly many thanks for your suggestion for improving the forum.

The setup you refer to is as per standard for most forums and we see no reson to change that here. Its always worked fairly well as far as I can see with no real issues to date.

Thanks for taking the time to make ths suggestion though, much appreciated.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
DB6
ud
Default Thats it ?

Originally Posted by JimC64

Hey DB6, firstly many thanks for your suggestion for improving the forum.

The setup you refer to is as per standard for most forums and we see no reson to change that here. Its always worked fairly well as far as I can see with no real issues to date.

Thanks for taking the time to make ths suggestion though, much appreciated.
When you say "we" did you discuss this with others in admin or is this your sole choice.........

Old 08-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 15

Its our choice to have the forum setup this way and don't feel that there's anything to gain by having specific sale threads in each model section.

Everyone is fully aware I'm sure of where the sale section is unless perhaps their scroll button is broken, its very easy to find.

Usually, anyone with any forum savvy, will post a thread of some sort into the specific model section with a link to the thread in the for sale section anyway

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM
DB6
ud
Default Again you did not answer my question...

"The setup you refer to is as per standard for most forums and we see no reson to change that here" your words...
was there a "we " or is it just an "I" ?
Who runs this forum by the way?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,167 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by DB6
"The setup you refer to is as per standard for most forums and we see no reson to change that here" your words...
To avoid the awkwardness of a direct answer, scroll down to the very bottom of any page and have a look.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by DB6
Effectively the active Admin and the Mod team, Super and Mod, although the very existence of this section allows for suggestions, and so the members also have input. Some suggestions, may be implemented, and some not.

And yes, we, do discuss things behind the scenes.

Hope this answers your question.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
DB6
ud
Default So it really is not like a

Wizard of Oz deal then......?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 14

To add to what Translator has posted.....

The forum is owned by Internet Brands, they own many forums such as this one and generate advertising space, this helps to pay for the site and keep it free for its members, such as you and I.

As for day to day running?

Essentially I, having been here for approaching 5 years and having helped to develop the site to where it is today have the single biggest say of what goes and what doesn't.
This is in conjunction with the Supermods and moderators who all play their part in keeping the forum spam free and a friendly and enjoyable place to spend time.

The forum feedback and suggestion centre is aimed primarily at offering assistance for the use of the forum for those that require it.

We do also welcome feedback and helpful suggestions from members at all times.
This site is not a democracy for members to vote on what is implimented and what is not, members unfortunately come and go, the Admin is constant.
Sometimes members suggestions are taken onboard and implimented ( there are several examples of this ) and sometimes they are not.

Just to finish DB6, I have to add that I am amazed to be questioned by a member who has been here 10 months with a post count of 272?

I was here when there were less members than your post count and approaching 5 years ago!

I hope this helps to clarify the position.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
DB6
ud
Default No it does not clarify a thing

Originally Posted by JimC64

To add to what Translator has posted.....

The forum is owned by Internet Brands, they own many forums such as this one and generate advertising space, this helps to pay for the site and keep it free for its members, such as you and I.

As for day to day running?

Essentially I, having been here for approaching 5 years and having helped to develop the site to where it is today have the single biggest say of what goes and what doesn't.
This is in conjunction with the Supermods and moderators who all play their part in keeping the forum spam free and a friendly and enjoyable place to spend time.

The forum feedback and suggestion centre is aimed primarily at offering assistance for the use of the forum for those that require it.

We do also welcome feedback and helpful suggestions from members at all times.
This site is not a democracy for members to vote on what is implimented and what is not, members unfortunately come and go, the Admin is constant.
Sometimes members suggestions are taken onboard and implimented ( there are several examples of this ) and sometimes they are not.

Just to finish DB6, I have to add that I am amazed to be questioned by a member who has been here 10 months with a post count of 272?

I was here when there were less members than your post count and approaching 5 years ago!

I hope this helps to clarify the position.
Listing with response in order to above:

1) Ok so, who are " Internet Brands"... and what do they do with all of this and our information?

2) So after 5 years as "El Presidente Elect" is it not really just an "I" and not a we..
(for example did you discuss my request for a change in "cars for sales" options) or as I believe, that you made this decision alone?

3) How does anyone become a "super mod" or "moderator"..?

4) So as I only have 10 months and 272 messages you state that I am not worthy of questioning you, ( am I even allowed to refer to a super power as you?).

5)So as a junior member of just 10 months with a paltry message count of 272 you are amazed...
not as amazed as I am right now!
too sad,
do me a fave and ban me for life before I throw myself off the back door step, that will also make your super mod terminator power glow .

Old 08-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,167 Likes on 1,611 Posts

For the record, this thread should have be done and over with at post #2. A suggestion was made and an answer was given ... politely.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Agreed, explanations have been given. They might not please everyone, but the initial suggestion has been answered.

Time to move on.