Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

If I Were A Mod....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If I Were A Mod....

....I'd kick the "Marlborough Man" right in the ****!

Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

workin on it...i wonder if the cigarette spammers are getting paid well.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

I LOATH them. Death penalty should apply to spammers.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Veteran member

Let's open this up a little bit more instead of keeping it directly on spammers.

So, what else would you do, if you were a mod?

Would you wield your power with delicacy or frivolously?

Would you improve the forum...try to institute new, enjoyable fun ways to enjoy the jaguar marque?

Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by h20boy
Let's open this up a little bit more instead of keeping it directly on spammers.

Would you improve the forum...try to institute new, enjoyable fun ways to enjoy the jaguar marque?
I'd be a good Wizard. I've give courage to the lion; a heart to the Tin Man...ect

Truly, I'd be a friend to newbies...hooking them up with the right people on the forum. I was welcomed very warmly when I came on board. I've tried to pass that on. There are ppl here with more knowledge then I'll ever possess in a lifetime and putting the right people together, is something I do in real life.. If you go back through my posts, you'll see I've tried to help the new ppl coming in...people to contact...a good dealership close in miles. I'm even trying to get a Jag club started here in Amarillo. Personally, I'd like to see more activity in the Regional section.

I must say the FAQ's and "how to" are the best on the net. My dad use to say I could tear up an anvil but I've done a few things myself, just following the FAQ'S. I'm becoming quite familiar with the ACM...adding bluetooth to X's that aren't wired for them, I end notes to my wife and kids with "LANG MAY YER LUM REEK" and I love The Beatles.

There's no place like home.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Jamey, thanks for the kind words. We all try our best here to improve the forum and keep it a safe n friendly / welcoming place to be.
You have ( I have noticed ) been one of the members that have welcomed as many newbies to the forum as anyone else making them feel at home instantly, which is fantastic and appreciated by newbies and veterans alike I'm sure.
I'm hoping that you, and members like you are veterans of this site in the years to come and it will be a better place for it I'm sure.

In the meantime any probs etc please let us know and we'll do our best to resolve them as always.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jim...I certainly enjoy my time here.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy

I'd rule with an iron fist!! My power would be great, and my wishes would be met by EVERYONE!!! BUAHAHAHA!!!

Nah, I'm just teasin'. Mods don't have the same privs as admins do. So, as a mod, I would simply watch for spammers and delete their posts at first sign. I would also peruse each and every board, making sure that each lovely member of this forum kept his or her posts in the correct place. Also, would watch for naughty language, and correct as needed.

Since only the first one seems to be a problem, I'd have a pretty boring time except for maybe one or two times a week...lol.

I would also assist the admins in giving them tips N tricks on how to make the boards run smoother, letting them know about any potential problems at first sight, and worm my way up into their ranks (just kiddin on the last one).

Other than that, I would just stay plain ol' m0t0r.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Jim makes mental note - Once motormouth gets like 1500 - 2000 post under his belt add him to the list for mod status

Old 10-25-2009, 11:49 PM

Gee...I signed up on October 2 and have 90 posts (this one makes 91). That's just under 4 posts per day. That means that by...March 2011 I should get mod status!! WOOHOO!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Not especially concerned about Mod "status". More than happy to work at keeping this forum, clean, fun ,and useful to all, even in the background, as it were.

But if I were, apart from making the request to tighten the registration procedures and then moving on to deleting all members whose surname begins with http://trffc.ru/stds/go.php?sid=2 check the members lists details to see what I mean.

I would try to point new and existing members in the right direction for finding information (which I try to do anyway) before the few and valuable Tech's get stuck with a simple issue that"s been covered a thousand times. (looking through the boards we seem to have lost a couple of very good guys recently).

Perhaps I would use the "Mod badge" to privately remind members of why we are here when things start to get heated, and personal in the public domain. (You all know what I mean, and most probably do anyway).

As regards to improvements, perhaps introduce an "Events" board? but on the whole, nothing major. This is a well run, and good forum.

Oh yeah, introduce compulsory tea breaks at 16.00H, minimum requirement for continued membership!!

Cheers,

Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member

Motormouth - I said "added to the list".....as in the shortlist for consideration of possible / future mods lol.....numpty

Transalator - your idea of mods pretty much covers most of what goes on here anyway. There can be some other things that need attention here n there.
checking out the memberlist as we speak

Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

I think you all do a fantastic job anyway and all I see is the occassional bombardment of spammers which you all get onto very quickly.

You can see this is a well run forum as everyone respects other peoples views and gets on like true friends.

Keep up the good work - everyone.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm also welcoming new members since the day one I was a member of this brilliant forums .However I am aware that spammers can use New Member Area too .However being a super mod I do give no quarter them all so ban them for life regardless of their stuff , (****,cigars,drugs and whatever it is )

Old 10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

The power can be tempting at times... j/k, but it is nice to know it is there when those few bad apples get out of hand.

I was thinking about instituting a 'Member Spotlight' thread where once a month, we would ask a series of personal questions, in order to better understand and put a personal spin on a selected, highly-active member. Of course, since it was my idea, i'd organize and coordinate all that is needed.

Any other ideas...if you were a mod?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64
Motormouth - I said "added to the list".....as in the shortlist for consideration of possible / future mods lol.....numpty
Yea I figured so...but a man can hope, can't he?

(psst...what's a numpty?)

Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 13

numpty - is a friendly n warm Scottish way of saying, loveable idiot....lol

Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 PM

got it. Thanks for the lesson in Scottish...lol. I've got a lot of Scot in my heritage (my last name is McCasland, and I've got the Buchanan clan badge and some Celtic knot-work tattooed on my upper right arm).

Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 13

McCasland - the name comes from the Gaelic form of Absolom, which means peace.
Good Scottish name bro
Thinkin bout a tattoo myself....One of the Campbell clan on my right upper arm and mayeb an outline of Scotland coloured in the Scottish flag on the other - still a maybe though.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Sounds cool. I'm going to start a different thread so as to not hijack this one.