Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Just a "Canadian" thought

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just a "Canadian" thought

Hi there all ...

Yup .. here we go... a n00b thinkin he can make the world a better place LOL!

Seriously though... I noticed the regional layouts on the forum ... specifically the US vs Canada. There is some SERIOUS breakdown of the US in multiple forums... yet only 1 forum for Canada. ( *whisper* Canada is pretty darn big too *whisper* )

I get there may not be enough Canadian forum traffic to warrant sub regions yet, but I do have a suggestion to perhaps help make it easier for us canucks to find local stuff a bit easier, if you are interested that is.

By using Sticky Threads, you could in a way sub Region Canada on your forums, without all that tedious work in the Admin CP. :P

"Paciifc(BC) / Prairies(AB/SK/MB) / Ontario(ON) / Quebec(PQ) / Maritimes(NS/NL/NF/PEI) " would be pretty much all that would be needed and would be a much easier way to a) find local folks, and b) have a place to post for other local folks... :P

At any rate, just a thought.

n00b out

- John

The following users liked this post:
GGG (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:19 PM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Originally Posted by JRobicheau
..... "Paciifc(BC) / Prairies(AB/SK/MB) / Ontario(ON) / Quebec(PQ) / Maritimes(NS/NL/NF/PEI) " would be pretty much all that would be needed .....
Whenever I reply to a Canadian newbie and give the link to the Canada Region forum, I'm reminded it is a very big country ....... then I think about how it must be a very empty country. The US has a population of around 325 million, UK 66 million and Canada 36 million.

It could still be a bit early to split Canada Region (need to do some checking on numbers of members/numbers of posts) but I do like your suggestion for the 5 sub regions.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
JRobicheau (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Whenever I reply to a Canadian newbie and give the link to the Canada Region forum, I'm reminded it is a very big country ....... then I think about how it must be a very empty country. The US has a population of around 325 million, UK 66 million and Canada 36 million.

It could still be a bit early to split Canada Region (need to do some checking on numbers of members/numbers of posts) but I do like your suggestion for the 5 sub regions.

Graham
Quality vs Quantity much? LOL! J/K :P

The thing about the suggestion is that its a sticky for each region rather than all the work of the sub forums ... Its stupid easy to set up... and super easy for us drunk Canadians to see :P LOL

Last edited by JRobicheau; 05-25-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by JRobicheau
Quality vs Quantity much? LOL! J/K :P

The thing about the suggestion is that its a sticky for each region rather than all the work of the sub forums ... Its stupid easy to set up... and super easy for us drunk Canadians to see :P LOL
So I take it you're volunteering to be the coordinator for Western Canada?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey
So I take it you're volunteering to be the coordinator for Western Canada?
Medicine Hat is RIDICULOUS for cars ... I love it... When I got the Jag I felt like HELLZ YA .. I fit in... as for Volunteering... remember .. n00bishness much .. mmkay? :P LOL ( Not sayin I wouldn't in the future ... ) LOL