Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Log on problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Log on problems

I always have problems logging on to this site. It works okay for a while but other times it does not recognize my username and password. It then gives me a puzzle to solve that does no make sense. I have been a user of this site for a long time. I got in this time using my social media name and password.

I wish the site was more user friendly. We older users do not need the drama.

adenkins@ec.rr.com

Old 12-14-2015, 03:21 AM
GGG
Received 16,764 Likes on 12,153 Posts

Adam,

I assume your username is adenkins? If so, the last time you were logged on to the forum was five months ago on 07-08-2015 and this is your first post since joining the forum on 09-30-2013.

Even if you don't log out, membership automatically becomes 'inactive' if not used for three months and you have to enter username and password to login again.

What is the puzzle you were given to solve?

Graham

Old 01-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

I have had similar problems but to me it is clearly the amount of advertisements I believe and I am not about to do some special settings just for one website. I think you have improved it but today it took me 4 tries to get in. I periodically get the same issue because entering my user name and password is so so slow due to the ads I believe. I post a lot on the forums and am using a decent DSL connection but use the wireless from that DSL modem. I would prefer that you folks limit the amount of animation ads as those are the ones likely that are causing many of us issues logging in....

Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Primaz, as a full access and senior member, you should not be seeing these adverts, these are generally only seen by the non registered users.
Please advise what you're seeing and add any screenshots etc if possible

Thanks
Jim

Old 01-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

This evening I logged in on the first try but that does not seem to be consistent. What I tend to see is the advertisement on the right side that has animation often is white and takes a while to fully open up and if I attempt to log in during that time it never works. Sometimes after I think it is fully loaded I try and I am thinking that maybe it is not fully loaded? I am not a computer expert so I don't know. What I do know is that I often get a login error that I typed my user name or password wrong and I know I did it right as I type one key at a time slowly, I do this as it rarely enables me to type the letters without waiting about 10 seconds or so inbetween each character entry.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Veteran Member

Primaz - point of note
I and many others do not login and or logout, generally we login and once finished with our session simply close the page down. When deciding to revisit the site simply click on the link in favourites and you are instantly logged in without having to go through the process.

Its good practice to logout every once in a while to clear the cache cookies from the system, but that's all.
You might consider trying this method as it's generally quicker and much easier.

Hope it helps

Old 01-12-2016, 02:45 AM
GGG

After reading your post I used a 'clean' PC to view the forum as a first time visitor rather than a registered member and was appalled at the amount of largely irrelevant advertising rubbish I had to wade through!

As Jim said in his reply, you are a full access member and there's ways you can avoid a lot of unwanted advertising.

Pop ups are usually a result of your browsing history and not something the forum is delivering. Thank your search engine of choice for this. They analyse everyone's internet use and provide supposedly 'targeted' advertising. I've installed both an Ad Blocker and Pop Up Blocker so the only Ads I see are the ones from forum sponsors.

Your Log In issues can be simplified. I use a desktop PC at home or a laptop when traveling and never Log Out of the forum - I just close my browser and power down the machine. For me my forum account is not a security risk as there's no personal information accessible if anyone were to run or steal my machines.

Assuming you aren't using Facebook or Google+ to login then you have the option 'Remember Me?' to simplify login (see RED arrow):

Log on problems-login.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Check the box the next time you login and both your username and password will be stored in your cache. even if you do Log Out, just start typing your user name and it will autofill together with your password.

Graham

Old 01-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

+ A massive 1 on Adblocker, I run it too, as do many others in the know here, a simple add on and set up and you'll see nothing of this type ever again.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please add me to the list of members having problems logging in. My problem is exactly as described above in that I often have to type slowly one letter at a time and it may take several tries...

Note: I sent a message to the site's "Contact Us" section yesterday and again today without being contacted about this issue. I can only imagine how busy you must be answering questions from members, so don't think I have problems with not being contacted immediately but I thought you may like to know.

Thanks.
jagjeep

Old 07-16-2016, 05:27 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by jagjeep
Please add me to the list of members having problems logging in. ........
Wally,

I never log out. If you check the box arrowed in red in this JPG, it will keep you logged on:

Log on problems-login.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

I found the forum was very slow yesterday. I don't usually have problems with text entry or screen refresh but I gave up for a couple of hours at one stage.

It's back to normal for me today. Are you still having issues?

Graham

The following users liked this post:
jagjeep (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 05:44 PM

Graham,

It's a little better today but I still had to type very slowly.

jagjeep

GGG (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Having to type slowly is a sign that the problem is local to your computer and not with the internet connection or web site on the far end.

Have you done a deep scan for virus or trojans?

jagjeep (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 09:38 PM

Logging on seems better now.

Thanks.

jagjeep

Old 07-16-2016, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,768 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I am having a similar issue, I have adblocker and Bitdefender. When I log in, it will redirect saying thank you for logging in, then kick me back out. I have to sign in again, but, it will kick me off again at any time. For example when I just tried to poste this twice, it kicked me off when I prompted Post Quick Reply.
I also cannot post when I use the Quote prompt. I receive the following message:

Though I have posted a decently long dialog in the response, but it keeps giving me the same message until I only do a response without the Quote.
In accord with the others slow typing issue, its like its still loading ads or whatever and won't let me type while its loading.
I have been on this site for years now and this is my first issue with this, it started the other day. I thought it was the hotel I was at, but I've been to 2 others since and its the same thing and this is the only site I have this issue.

Since this was posted: I get knocked off simply going from a thread, back to the X308 (or wherever) main page. I look for the checks for the threads I've responded to and there gone, I look at the top of the page and I'm logged off. Sometimes if I refresh, it puts me back on, but I almost always have to relog on.

Last edited by Highhorse; 07-16-2016 at 10:31 PM.
jagjeep (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Yesterday I was able to edit my posts, today I get this trying it and I checked to see I was logged in....

....and what are these insert ads at the bottom of the posts? I noticed I couldn't do anything until they loaded. They are all over everyone's posts, many having nothing to do with the site.

jagjeep (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Highhorse
Yesterday I was able to edit my posts, today I get this trying it and I checked to see I was logged in....

....and what are these insert ads at the bottom of the posts? I noticed I couldn't do anything until they loaded. They are all over everyone's posts, many having nothing to do with the site.
There's only a limited amount of time allowed to edit something that's already posted. I forget how many hours/days.

Ref. the ads, I do see them (and yes they are really annoying) if I am not signed in. There's one overwriting your post trying to sell me a Maytag washer and one on this post for a Mini.

I'm not sure Jim and the admin team are fully aware of this. Let's see.

Last edited by Mikey; 07-17-2016 at 09:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mikey:
Highhorse (07-17-2016), jagjeep (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 10:10 AM

I agree Mikey. Perhaps the Admin. Team could look into this issue for all members.

jagjeep

Old 07-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

The time reference shouldn't have been an issue. I had found another link to a post for reference for someone and was trying to add it to my post from just a few minutes before.
This definitely seems to be an IT issue, almost as if the server has been corrupted.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:29 PM

I agree.

Perhaps another note to the webmaster is in order.

jagjeep

Old 07-18-2016, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member

Ok, now today 7/18 I suddenly don't have the issues I posted above. I don't get the messages and can Quote post.

jagjeep (07-22-2016)