Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Log on problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,019 Likes on 740 Posts

Same issues here.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:29 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

When posting about login issues, it would be useful to know how you are connecting:

1. HARDWARE
a) desktop PC/laptop
b) phone
c) tablet
d) seance (just checking you're paying attention)

2. OPERATING SYSTEM

3. BROWSER with/without AdBlocker installed.

Remember, the forum is FREE to use because it's funded by advertising and by Sponsors/ Vendors who pay for the privilege. You will see adverts from forum Sponsors and Vendors which are relevant.

If you get pop up adverts which are totally irrelevant, this is NOTHING to do with the forum. It's generally from your browser and browsing history. Microsoft and Google are far more intrusive on your privacy than forum owner Internet Brands.

Graham

Old 07-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Maybe this is typical of what others are seeing. This is on a desk top, running win10.

With Google browser, not signed in and without adblocker:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the same computer using MS Edgebrowser and no adblocker:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In each case, there are certain key words that are highlighted, such as BROWSER or adverts. If the mouse is rolled over any of these, another ad pops uplooking like this:

Old 07-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,769 Likes on 1,303 Posts

ASUS G74 SX 1.5TB SSD's, recent upgrade to 24Gig RAM, GForce GTX560M, i7 2.2 4core
Win 10
Bitdefender, Adblocker, CCleaner
Edge, sometimes Firefox

Last edited by Highhorse; 07-19-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,019 Likes on 740 Posts

My issue was the "remember me" box was unchecked for some reason, all's well now.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank You Webmaster...

I've noticed for the past 3 or 4 times I've Logged On, the past problems seem to have been completely corrected...

Again, thanks.

Jagjeep

The following users liked this post:
GGG (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Veteran Member

Well, it seems the issues are intermittent. Today I tried responding to a post and use different color letters and it said my response was to short (far from it). I was able to C&P it back into the thread though?
Also, I am experiencing a weird one, when I log on or go to a thread, its shoots me to the bottom of the page????

Old 08-02-2016, 08:02 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Highhorse
Well, it seems the issues are intermittent. Today I tried responding to a post and use different color letters and it said my response was to short (far from it). I was able to C&P it back into the thread though?
Also, I am experiencing a weird one, when I log on or go to a thread, its shoots me to the bottom of the page????
TEST
Windows 10 + Microsoft Edge

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I reluctantly 'upgraded' the PC I use for the forum to Windows 10 last week but continued to use Firefox browser.

Switching to Microsoft Edge, I can't replicate the coloured letter or 'response too short' issues but it does go to the bottom of the page in a thread by default.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 08-02-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:17 AM

I found the thread where you had this problem

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...4/#post1508351

The reason you got the 'response too short' error was because you simply inserted text into the 'box' of a post being quoted. The program only recognizes text outside that 'box' as being part of a new reply. Had you added 'Doug is right, Trump is not suitable' or similar outside the box, all would be well. The colour of the text was not relevant.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
I found the thread where you had this problem

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...4/#post1508351

The reason you got the 'response too short' error was because you simply inserted text into the 'box' of a post being quoted. The program only recognizes text outside that 'box' as being part of a new reply. Had you added 'Doug is right, Trump is not suitable' or similar outside the box, all would be well. The colour of the text was not relevant.
Well, I'll head right on over there to take care of that. Do I have to disclose my secret love of Hillary also?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:23 AM

Well, I'll head right on over there to take care of that. Do I have to disclose my secret love of Hillary also?
If you wish. You might get a thank you note from hubby Bill.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

Ive had an annoying problem on the site for 2 or 3 weeks now when using my smart phone to login and post.
Login is fine no problem, but I can't post anything even though I'm logged in.
The message box loses what I've typed and comes up with a new box saying I've "not posted a long enough message, should be more than just 1 character" or something similar to that.
I've lost loads of posts that way trying different ways of posting.

I'm running Firefox android v48.0 and with the Firefox add on "Ghostery" which is an advert blocker and tracker blocker. I've been posting fine from my smart using both of these up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

No issues using Win PC and Firefox with Ghostery add on.