Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Memorial section request

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Memorial section request

Hello everyone,

I'd like to float an idea to everyone on creating a Memorial section here in the forums. With the recent tragedy and loss of two of our members, Riski and dickvoodoo, I think it's important to have an area on the site where we can not only mourn at their loss, but also celebrate their lives and how they may have touched us all.

As I've written over in "RIP Riski" in the S-type section, I really appreciate the friendships and sense of comradery I've developed with many of you over the last year and a bit. It's truly been a pleasure in getting to know many of you here.

Given that we're confined by the constraints of this being a forum style site, I think a separate Memorial section should be created with a single thread created for each member that is no longer with us, titled simply with their profile name.

With such an active forum, I'm guessing this won't be the last time we have a forum member pass away from an accident or otherwise. Providing an area where these members can be remembered and honored might help fellow members to express themselves and cope with the loss of their friends and colleagues.

I respectfully submit this for serious consideration and as always, keep up the fantastic work on the site.

Regards,
Rob

The following 2 users liked this post by Spitfire:
JimC64 (01-29-2011), joycesjag (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Hello everyone,
I'd like to float an idea to everyone on creating a Memorial section here in the forums. With the recent tragedy and loss of two of our members, Riski and dickvoodoo, I think it's important to have an area on the site where we can not only mourn at their loss, but also celebrate their lives and how they may have touched us all.

As I've written over in "RIP Riski" in the S-type section, I really appreciate the friendships and sense of comradery I've developed with many of you over the last year and a bit. It's truly been a pleasure in getting to know many of you here.

Given that we're confined by the constraints of this being a forum style site, I think a separate Memorial section should be created with a single thread created for each member that is no longer with us, titled simply with their profile name.

With such an active forum, I'm guessing this won't be the last time we have a forum member pass away from an accident or otherwise. Providing an area where these members can be remembered and honored might help fellow members to express themselves and cope with the loss of their friends and colleagues.

I respectfully submit this for serious consideration and as always, keep up the fantastic work on the site.
Regards,
Rob
Rob, a fantastic idea and a great way to pay our respects and remember those members we share an affinity with.

Thanks so much for thinking of this Rob and its something I will make sure happens immediately

Jim

Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Rob, I could NOT agree more! Over the past 2 years I have been a member, I have gotten to know quite a few good fellows. Even though I had not spoken with Riski nor dickvoodoo, I have with many of the S section members, even have had the pleasure of having dinner and drinks with a few.

This is indeed a special site and I for one speak of it often, way to often if you ask the wifey Joyce. I would hope "the powers at be" see this thread and take it into thoughtful consideration.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  19.3 KB

Rick, you are way behind the times but I thank you for your kind words.

The requested new memorial section is set up and ready for anyone that wishes to pay their respects.
I feel very sure somehow, that both our recently fallen members will have many kind words said about them and fondly remembered, no doubt!

I do however, sincerely hope that apart from above comments, this is one section that does not have too many threads

Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

The memorial section is a very welcome and good idea.
In the years since 1977 I have attended over sixty funerals. I have simply stopped counting.
Everyone who lives touches someones life. When it is ours, memorial tributes are a way of sharing that touch with others.

The following users liked this post:
Spitfire (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Jim my friend, I started to type above but then was called to duty, my 2 1/2 year old requested my immediate attention. After I pushed the post now, I then realized I broke the cardinal rule of not reviewing post prior to submission.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

That's very deliberate of you Spitfire . Our Admin built up the section you mentioned and I hope we don't see such threads quite often