Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Mention Feature

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Mention Feature

I think adding the @name mention feature would be highly beneficial to this forum as some threads are pretty big and it's easy to miss a post and it's easier to @name in a post then to have to go to a private message and re-iterate what may have already been said in a post.

R/
Kitty

Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

@Kitty, I thought we did for the most part, esp' when directing a reply to more than one member in the same thread, without an obvious hijack of course.

The following users liked this post:
GoKittyGo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
@Kitty, I thought we did for the most part, esp' when directing a reply to more than one member in the same thread, without an obvious hijack of course.

Well, yes you can say "dude, this made me think of you" or what have you, but how often does one miss a post in a big or hijacked thread? The @ mention that I'm referring too is a neat function it sends the mentioned person a notification and direction to the proper post/thread.

It may be because I use a different vbulletin forum, where there are hundreds of active users that I find the feature so handy; but I also catch myself trying to use it here too, and thought I'd recommend it because I think the other members might find it useful as well.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Ah, got it. Doubt that this will be added but you never know.

We do have the 'notification' feature that sends a daily email notification of any threads that you may have posted to, and can be selectively configured by the member.

I use it when I first log in and scroll through the new mails to see what is happening, and can then jump straight into a thread to make an update (as I have done here) should I want to.

Also, if you click on User CP, the first screen will show a list of New subscribed threads, you can also display a list of all subscribed threads.

There is also the New Posts button, which will show a list of all new posts across the whole Forum, OK it is more random but displays the Sub-forums list on the right that can be quickly scrolled through.

Personally I don't fancy a notifying @ button, I can see that Spam type folk would be all too quick to abuse it. Sad to say And I AM NOT IMPLYING that you are one of them, far from it.

Just my 10c.

All the best,
Richard

The following users liked this post:
GoKittyGo (06-25-2011)