Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Pics of car represented in each sub forum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts
Default Pics of car represented in each sub forum?

It would be nice if at the top of each specific Model page, there was a stock picture of the car represented in that section, for those of us (or just me ) that are not familiar with every model but want to learn! Some of the forums have a sticky picture thread, but not many.... or maybe a sticky at the top with pics instead?

Yea, I know, google... but I said it would be nice

The following users liked this post:
GGG (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

The problem with a model picture next to each tech forum is one of scale. It has to be thumbnail sized because page 'real estate' is limited and at that scale you need to know your Jaguars to be able to tell the difference between for example an XJ6 Series I, Series II or Series III or even an XJ40.

Another difficulty is more members and visitors are accessing the forum with phones or tablets making scale even more of an issue.

The suggestion of a sticky at the top of each model tech forum is a good idea. It would have to be pitched correctly between useful and informative to avoid being patronising.

Let's see what comments we get in this thread .........

Graham

Old 09-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
The problem with a model picture next to each tech forum is one of scale. It has to be thumbnail sized because page 'real estate' is limited and at that scale you need to know your Jaguars to be able to tell the difference between for example an XJ6 Series I, Series II or Series III or even an XJ40.

Another difficulty is more members and visitors are accessing the forum with phones or tablets making scale even more of an issue.

The suggestion of a sticky at the top of each model tech forum is a good idea. It would have to be pitched correctly between useful and informative to avoid being patronising.

Let's see what comments we get in this thread .........

Graham
Understood about the size....

The sticky could be locked after the mod uploads the pics. No other need for that thread....
thanks