Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

PSA Tabbed browsing Chrome not recommended

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default PSA Tabbed browsing Chrome not recommended

This website (like many others) cannot see an ounce of bandwidth or computing power that it doesn't want to fill with dross.

Just had to issue a kill message for the upteenth via the Windows task manager because this machine ground to a halt with just FOUR (4) tabs open on the X351 forum. I suspect because of the way Chrome works (if that's what they call it) and the amount of advertising, Flash and Javascript nonsense it just overloads this machine. Pretty amazing on a 3.33 GHz machine with 4GB of memory using a 64-bit operating system.

It's a work machine, so don't suggest Firefox or what ever IE is called this week. I'm stuck with Chrome or IE 11 to maintain backwards compatibility with some timecard software. You don't want to know how ugly it gets with IE11, especially as some sites like Facebook are blocked. I suspect there are linking scripts on here that have trouble taking "No" for and answer.