Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Something being done to the forums....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Fedoraja1
For the record, I have had absolutely no problems with JaguarForums.com. Not now, not last week, not since I got my computer back ealier this year.

Lew, that's also a result of cookies. Your browser and your search engine either sell your interests to advertising companies or they monitor your use and tailor advertising to your interests. To be honest, I would much rather have tailor made advertising for thing like Jaguars and other car things and ***** enlargment than yeast infection medication/prevention and the latest super tampon like I quite often get when I use a proxy to browse.
What!! You don't want to know how to get a larger *****??

Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
What!! You don't want to know how to get a larger *****??
given a choice between a larger ***** and a yeast infection .... what would you choose?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
I find that when it stalls, it is trying to load ads from "doubleclick.net". When it stalls look in the bottom left corner and see what is stalling it out. Doubleclick is a spyware that loads on your computer and tracks your views and then looks for ads to post on your browser. I find local ads from Atlanta popping up on the forums webpages all the time. Your antivirus will delete it when it scans, but it will work its way back to your computer.

p.s. - I have been looking at a lot of sites recently on tires, rotors and pads. Most of the ads on the page as I type this are on tires and brake parts.
doubleclick.net itself is not spyware. it is an online ad agency. now, once in a while a "client" evades the content checks and doubleclick ends up serving malware.

The real problem is that the doubleclick ad server may be especially slow ... or, if you use a hosts file that points doubleclick at 127.0.0.1, then the browser will wait for a very long time to connect to a non-existent server. The hosts file thing is quite common amongst anti-malware "solutions" found around the internet.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Had the same issue with the page not loading/connnection issues last week and again last night.

Oddly, this was with FireFox. For the heck of it I switched over to IE and it opened up the site without a problem. A tad slower than normal but nothing crazy.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I have spot a little glitch , it's about URL codes .
For ins: When I type www.ebay.com you could see it in a different way (New & used .....) not in www.ebay.com form