Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Thread Hijacking

Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread Hijacking

I know I am the new guy here and don't mean to cause waves. I have noticed that many threads get hijacked and the original subject is lost within the second page. I know in other forums I participace they take hijacking seriously, specially the original poster.
I was wondering if this is something that is encouraged in this board as a form of socializing or am I too uptight because of my experiences on other forums.
As I said, I am not critisizing this as something bad, just making an observation.

Ozzy

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Thread Hijacking

At least it's better than other sorts of hiwilliaming ? opppsss hijacking (will's bro ) [8D].LOL, even on this seriousthread concerning derailing I did it [8D]. Keep in mind, sometimes on other forums when I post a thread some members hijack it but as a thread starter it never bugs me as long as I get my response what I wanna get .

Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Ozzy, I know exactly where you're coming from. However, here at Jaguarforums.com we have a very knowledgeable core of Jaguar masters, and other very knowledgeable, hands-on, DIY, have an answer for everything type of members. Our only problem, they're a bunch of drunks. So although we seldom stay on-topic, the question usually does get answered and answered rather quickly. So why the off-topic stuff you ask? It's part of the great camaraderie that is Jaguarforums.com and it's our way of keeping our MANY technicians from leaving and rarely coming on. So Ozzy, I hope you can enjoy the freedoms that we offer here, and understand the true friendship that we develop among our members. If you have a question...ask away and you surely will get your answer. If hijacking bothers you.......then we probably can't help you. I know it's not what you probably want to hear, but believe me if what you want is answers, read through the posts and you surely will get your wish.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well stated.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 AM

Hey I like the comaraderie, it surely keeps the board from being too boring.I just hate to have to look at multiple pages in a post to see if anyone else added something related to the original topic. Other boards are so damn strict about stuff like that and other things like posting without searching. The only answer you get sometimes is "Do a search, this has already been discussed". I hate that, maybe someone else might have a fresh idea or a new product is out there that solves the issue.
You guys got it good, keep it up.

Ozzy

Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the support Ozzy. About the search thing, I also know what you mean there too. We've done that before, but on things that are just SOOOOOO obvious and that the smallest search would help, like clicking on a thread on the same page.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  7.4 KB

Hi Ozzy and welcome to the forum ( again ) mate
Re thread hijacking Ozzy:-
I am a mod and a member on other forums and know exactly what you mean when you say that they are strict beyond belief sometimes, and some seem to be getting worse. You can't do this that or the other etc etc etc. AND when newbies ask really olddd questions that have been asked n answered a million times before you get the "Do a Search" like you've really pissed them off! Not helpful warm or welcoming in the least, however, straight and to the point, now lets move on!

We here at Jaguarforums tend to take a more liberal approach as far as we can. Questions usually do get answered and there is a fair amount of banter thrown in too. I've had loads of newbies ask the same question over n over again as have many other members and I don't think I've ever saw a DO A SEARCH answer. Usually the answer is given and possibly a gentle hint that the forum faq is available to research to.
There's a lot of "criac" here on the forum and some members have built of quite a friendship over a relatively short period of time into the bargain.
We try our best to get a nice balance and do our best to please as many members as possible.
Of course you can never please all of the people all of the time

We'll continue to do our best and hopefully most members enjoy the experience. We're always here to help as best we can.

Good question, well put Ozzy

Thanks

Jim

Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome and reply there Jim. I am also an active member of a board dedicated to the Trans Am GTA and we have this same kind of friendship. Many of us have "known" each other for many years and it sometimes feels like they are close friends. We are not strict either and welcome anyone with any question they might have. Always clean and in good spirit. You guys seems to have it this way too hopefully I might stick around for a while and contribute as much as I can too. That is if I keep the car.

Ozzy

Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

We hope you do Ozzy. BTW, each one of our answers to a new thread is always unique and specific to the member. Not something most other forums can say. Hey Ozzy, what GTA forum are you a part of? I've been thinking about joining one to ask a few Q's regarding new keys.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM

That's going to be http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/
It is as you can see dedicated to the GTA and TTA (Turbo Trans Am).
The home page (url sans "/forum/") has lots of great info, data and history on the GTA.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member

Good job on deciding to keep her.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Someone needs to hijack this thread in another direction... Oh hey, look! Butterfly!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

LOL! Good one Ken. Hey Ozzy, does the forum usually have a lot of down time? I registered but when I went to post, the server was "too busy". Now I noticed when I registered that they barely get any traffic, so I was just wondering...is it a common thing?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  7.4 KB

Thanks Ozzy.......It doesn't always please everyone but what can you do?
Most people seem quite happy with the forum working the way it is and has done for the last year or so. I'm sure there will come a time for change at some point though.
Glad you like it and hope you decide to keep the car and stick around too
BTW ......did you post any pics?

See ya

Jim

Old 11-16-2007, 11:47 AM

Sorry didn't get a chance to get any pictures yet. Hard at work you know.

Ozzy