Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Why is this website so slow?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Why is this website so slow?

My computer isn't the fastest but isn't the slowest either. Is it all the ads on this site? It's one of the only websites I come across where scrolling up and down the page along with page loading is delayed.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

It's instant for me.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:59 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I use AdBlocker, which makes a big difference. I understand that the forum's revenue comes from ads, but I find many sites become unusable when the ad servers slow down.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

no issues for me....even on the laptop, tablet or my phone

Dave

Old 02-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Received 6,242 Likes on 5,443 Posts

I also use Adblocker and don't have any issues.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:47 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

+1 to Adblocker.

Also I've found with recent releases of Firefox (I'm running 51.0.1) I have to close the browser down and re-open every few hours or it just grinds almost to a halt.

Graham

Old 02-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
+1 to Adblocker.

Also I've found with recent releases of Firefox (I'm running 51.0.1) I have to close the browser down and re-open every few hours or it just grinds almost to a halt.

Graham
Ah good, so that's not just happening to me then...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

For FF fiends , well to much F word no less than Four , yet another word that initiates with F good thing on the right side , not the word that people use a lot when thigngss f$$%^$k what was that , yes things go wrong .Well, coming to the point , for FF users Bluehell Firewall is working well without slowing the browser down

Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by myironlung
My computer isn't the fastest but isn't the slowest either. Is it all the ads on this site? It's one of the only websites I come across where scrolling up and down the page along with page loading is delayed.
Disable JavaScript running on this site. It will be instant then

Old 02-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

On my laptop (Win7) and tablet (Android) it's so slow it's painful and I really don't want to browse. They load junk advertising like crazy on here. On my super high-end workstation it feels normal though...I might try some ad blockers but I'd rather see a dedicated site that doesn't flood us with garbage and slow down the site.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by allenman85
On my laptop (Win7) and tablet (Android) it's so slow it's painful and I really don't want to browse. They load junk advertising like crazy on here. On my super high-end workstation it feels normal though...I might try some ad blockers but I'd rather see a dedicated site that doesn't flood us with garbage and slow down the site.

The speed of loading a web page is not really dependent on your OS, but rather on a browser you are using. To be precise, on its settings. Those pages have little pieces of code running on them called JavaScript. Basically when you open your page those script tell your browser what to do. Like load ads, or make animations. Or even load malicious software. The simple way to mitigate it is to prevent JavaScript from running on a particular website. Again, I'm not saying that this web page has a malicious software, it's just that JS script running makes it painfully slow.

Now, each browser has its own way to prevent JS from running, so use google on how to accomplish it with your browser.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Having used AdBlocker on Mozilla Firefox for some years (with and without the added extension/s) . . . I suggest you check the current status if, like me, you are now running Firefox 51.0.1 on the latest update of 64bit Win10.

Why? Coz for some time, Firefox on Win10 can flag AdBlocker compatibility issues . . . not always, but Firefox now takes the easy way out and strips off AdBlocker by default. The good news is that, even without AdBlocker, the combo of modern quad core platform, 64bit Win10 OS, and heaps of Solid State Disk and high speed RAM, JF (even with all the ads) loads, regens, and searches fast for me . . . but I do endorse the comments of needing to log off / log on after about an hour to keep it flying. That's a Firefox caching issue, not just JF . . . easily verified by my online book authoring software where 300 page books can really torture all the browsers I have tested.

Cheers,

Ken