Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Jaguar XKR in Florida

For Sale

2003 Jaguar XKR

09-26-2018, 01:12 PM | Replies: 14 | Views: 1904
  • 2003 Jaguar XKR - 03 Jaguar XKR in Florida - Used - VIN SAJDA42B533A33863 - 138,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Convertible - White - Jacksonville, FL 32207, United States
    Sold

• Price
    $7,200
  • Location Jacksonville, FL, 32207, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJDA42B533A33863
  • Mileage 138,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Convertible
  • Exterior Color White
Description:

2003 jaguar xkr convertible

VIN: SAJDA42B533A33863
condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 138000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: convertible
I have made good use of the forum so posting my best and final here, which is $8k. I'll be sure to update as/if that number changes.

Pics in the c-list ad: https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/...692067780.html

This is a good opportunity to buy an enthusiast-owned Jag. I'm moving to AZ so it's for sale.

This GT car has a 4.2 liter super-charged V8 (390 horses and 399 ft/lbs of torque), power to the rear, and a big trunk so she can bring whatever women bring in those giant suit cases; or your golf clubs, if ladies aren't your thing.

Couple cosmetics issues; nothing distracting. No mechanical issues. It's got 138,xxx miles. Feel free take it to your mechanic or brother in law for a pre-sale check; whatever you think you need to do.

Price is negotiable.

Two new Nitto rear tires (front and rear are different sizes).

Other noteables:
-OEM Alpine sound w/ 6 CD changer
-OEM GPS
-Rain sensing wipers
-Adaptive cruise control
-Rear parking sensors
-Power convertible top
- Halogen headlamps and fog lights
-Traction control
-Lower ride height from factory than the xk8
-Huge disc brakes on all 4 wheels (not an option on xk8)
-Good enthusiast support on the Jaguar forums (what kind of oil?, best tires?, etc.)

One more thing; if you're looking at these specifically, this was the first year of the upgraded motor and 6 speed transmission so no timing chain tensioner trouble or transmission issues to worry about like pre-2003 models. I believe this is the AJ-34 motor but don't quote me on that.

202-670-2335 text or call.

Last edited by GGG; 10-22-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reply
Old 10-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, its pretty chilly in here. Not enough pics? Wrong price? Unfamiliar forum member? Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Very good looking R you got there. Try posting it on various auto sale sites if the waters stay cold here. Something like autotrader or cargurus has worked well for me in the past. Even eBay. Best of luck.

Dave

Old 10-02-2018, 04:42 AM

Thanks, Dave. Its out there. Price is slowly creeping down.

I belong to the Land Cruiser forum and if i wanted a Land Cruiser, thats where id buy it, no question. I thought there would be more interest in the Jags here since this is where the knowledgeable/careful/thorough owners are.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Beej, I have been admiring your beautiful XKR since you have posted it here.

I have been asking my XKR friends about this specimen. All have asked about the suspension. Have you or PO replaced any upper bushings shocks other suspension parts? Also, have you or PO upgraded the top hydraulics?

Unfortunately life just tossed my family a hick up. I was about to contact you and have a drive down (6 hours) to see if we could come to an agreement. But as mentioned, my wife will have to wait a little longer than expected to replace her S Type.

She is a beaut! GLWS

Old 10-02-2018, 08:12 PM

@joycesjag Excellent! Thanks for your interest and compliements.

Yes, PO did replace suspension components. It rides beautifully but let me see if I can reach out to him for some specifics. I don't know that these specifics will be available but I would absolutely work with you (or other potential buyer) to get the XKR to a mechanic of your choosing to evaluate whichever components you wish, as soon as those hiccups let up

Thanks again.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

beej, Are you coming thru Albuquerque on your way to Florida? I went to both Cargurus and C/L to see more pictures. and wow! You could drop the Jag off at my place on your way to AZ. LOL

On a serious note, I am curious about the Cargurus comment "No mechanical issues. Burns a bit of oil. It's got 138,​xxx miles..."

Can you be more specific about how many quarts of oil per miles it is burning? Have you done any research into the oil burning, such as a leak down + compression test and a blow by measurement? Does it have a puff of smoke when starting, or if you let off the gas, let it slow about 20 mph or so, and then get on it, does it blow smoke then? Thanks for the info. The car looks great.

Andrew

Old 10-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by pvxkowner
beej, Are you coming thru Albuquerque on your way to Florida? I went to both Cargurus and C/L to see more pictures. and wow! You could drop the Jag off at my place on your way to AZ. LOL

On a serious note, I am curious about the Cargurus comment "No mechanical issues. Burns a bit of oil. It's got 138,​xxx miles..."

Can you be more specific about how many quarts of oil per miles it is burning? Have you done any research into the oil burning, such as a leak down + compression test and a blow by measurement? Does it have a puff of smoke when starting, or if you let off the gas, let it slow about 20 mph or so, and then get on it, does it blow smoke then? Thanks for the info. The car looks great.

Andrew
Hi Andrew! I will be passing through Sante Fe for some skiing but Ill be in the Land Cruiser. Better in the snow LOL!

Thanks for your interest, and good eye. I removed the "burns some oil" language because it stopped when i switched from Synthetic to conventional on my most recent oil change at 136,000. It used to burn a little more than a half quart every thousand miles depending on driving conditions/foot weight. Anything more than a quart per oil change (3k-4k miles) is a nuisance. I didnt think that solution would work but it did.

Every few morning starts it will have a puff of white smoke but the oil level has been steady; i checked it this morning after reading your comments. It never blew smoke when i got on the gas from low speed.

I asked for a compression test when i first brought the XKR in for service but didnt go through with it since that big ol' supercharger (im told) makes the test more difficult ($$)

-- Ben

Old 10-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Beej, I have been admiring your beautiful XKR since you have posted it here.

I have been asking my XKR friends about this specimen. All have asked about the suspension. Have you or PO replaced any upper bushings shocks other suspension parts? Also, have you or PO upgraded the top hydraulics?

Unfortunately life just tossed my family a hick up. I was about to contact you and have a drive down (6 hours) to see if we could come to an agreement. But as mentioned, my wife will have to wait a little longer than expected to replace her S Type.

She is a beaut! GLWS
Hi @Joycejag - I got in touch with the PO. The front shock bushings have been replaced.

No history on the top but it works like it should.

Thanks!

-- Ben

Old 10-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Default Price drop: $7800

Price coming down. $7800. Motivated seller. Get her to a good home, folks.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Default Price drop: $7400

Lets go a little lower. $7400

Old 10-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Default Im going to sell this car - $7200

Price drop: $7200

Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Default How do I change the listing to update the price?

Error message says contact administrator or moderator but in PM I cant message either. Alternatively, Ill delete the listing and repost.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:17 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Originally Posted by beej
Error message says contact administrator or moderator but in PM I cant message either. Alternatively, Ill delete the listing and repost.
Members only have a limited time to edit an original post. I've amended the asking price to the new one in the PM you sent me.

Graham

Old 11-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile XKR

Hi,
Is this car still for sale? I am seriously interested. I live in SW France so will have to factor in shipping and import costs. Can we discuss on PM to reach a suitable deal?
Regards
frenchjag