MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

Hi from bayezid

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from bayezid

hello everyone

i just got engage with a jaguar mkII project. This is the only jaguar mkII in Bangladesh. As i am an automotive engineer i got into this project. Through out this project i need big help from you guys.

Now i have a jaguar XJR 4.0L supercharged V8 from a jaguar x308. and i want to put it into classic beauty jaguar MK II

here are some picture

Attached Thumbnails Hi from bayezid-11122011310%5B1%5D.jpg   Hi from bayezid-11122011314%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum that's a good looking MK II does it have an engine now?

Good luck with the project, there are a couple of others on the forum with similar ideas.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi
i think your mk2 is an stype,
and u will need the ecu for the 4l lump,

Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to the forum that's a good looking MK II does it have an engine now?

Good luck with the project, there are a couple of others on the forum with similar ideas.
Yes it does! i has a toyota engine. we could not restore the engine as some parts were missing! can you give me the links that i can update myself with require info.

Originally Posted by DaimlerMK2
Hi
i think your mk2 is an stype,
and u will need the ecu for the 4l lump,
yes you r rite its S-type. i have the ecu for Aj26 from XJR(x308).. but i need iring diagram for xjr (x308)

Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM

hello everyone..its been a while with this project. I did all wiring with ECU only and connected all the relay just to start engine. the engine started with additional fuel through throttle. i did't connect the key transponder with ecu!

I was wondering does jaguar Engine management cuts off injector if they dont find security system?

I already bought a key transponder and a key but i cant get any wiring diagram for AJ26/XJ8..

please guys help me out..

Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Old 06-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Best of luck with your project.

For some great downloads follow the link in my signature and drill down to X308, tech guides and TSBs.

There is even a Workshop repair manual in there. 47mb.

The following users liked this post:
bayezid_f1 (06-21-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Hi

Your car is an S-type of the 60s, not a Mark 2 but all the dimensions of the engine bay are identical to the Mark 2. However, although Jaguar fitted a Daimler V8 to the Mark 2 in the form of the Daimler 250 V8, this doesn't mean your engine will fit straight in, as the Daimler engine is quite compact, (2.5 litres), and has push-rod valves.

So you may have to remodel the engine bay a bit to fit your engine in. Rear drive unit and sub-frame should be OK, as it took the V12 power in the XJ12 saloons without problems.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Hi

Your car is an S-type of the 60s, not a Mark 2 but all the dimensions of the engine bay are identical to the Mark 2. However, although Jaguar fitted a Daimler V8 to the Mark 2 in the form of the Daimler 250 V8, this doesn't mean your engine will fit straight in, as the Daimler engine is quite compact, (2.5 litres), and has push-rod valves.

So you may have to remodel the engine bay a bit to fit your engine in. Rear drive unit and sub-frame should be OK, as it took the V12 power in the XJ12 saloons without problems.
Fraser is mostly correct,

A V8 will easily fit but I did have to cut a small section of the passenger side and weld new metal which was not too difficult and did not impair leg room at all. You will also likely need to weld new motor mounts to hold the engine in place.

You should look at my older posting here on this forum for beefing up the rear suspension. The stock suspension is a great design but at a minimum I would get the "Watts Linkage" from Nick Acton
Acton Custom Enterprises, LLC as it fixes the key weak point of the hub not having support for bigger torque and horsepower. He is making my set right now so you might give him a call as it might be cheaper when he does a number of them at the same time? Many AC Cobra owners use our same independant rear end and add the Watts linkage and it holds up great to serious HP. It is a good retrofit for stock or V8 Jags as that is a major weak point.

Acton Custom Enterprises
33 Wildwood Drive
Holderness, NH 03245
(603) 279-0241 Home
(603) 254-4105 Cell
www.actoncustom.com

Also the hard part of any engine conversion with moden engines is the computer controls so good luck on that one. You might search to find a tuner whom can program your system for you or might have a computer harness/controller to incorporate to allow you to tune it. That is one reason among many others for me to us the light weight GM LS V8's as there are so many aftermarket computer/contollers and tuners and builders that will set up the engine management to what transmission, rear end gearing, wheels/tires, guages, type of performance, fuel efficiency, etc. Beacham sells MKII's with basically a similar Jaguar V8 but I am sure they will not share their computer set up with anyone as those cars sell between 90-100K turnkey.

Attached Thumbnails Hi from bayezid-rearhubcarrier_complete_kit_002.jpg  

Last edited by primaz; 06-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.