MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

Jag MK II 1963 3.4 saloon

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Jag MK II 1963 3.4 saloon

Hi Forum,

I am getting information from my Mechs about power steering added a MKII i just purchased (Australia)

the vehicle has been fitted with a VN Power Rack, but requires an engineering certificate (2k AUD and above)

the alternative is Return to original - No power steering -then fit electronic column steering - 8k ++

Does this sound about right, alternatives, options?

Regards,

Old 05-08-2017, 03:39 AM
OES
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gidday Ian,
Don't know what state you live. Have you looked at Ulimate Power Steering web site? They are located in Brisbane area. Haven't a clue on costs. Surprised the vehicle,if previously registered wasn't signed off as an engineering mod to steering!? In the 'Nanny State' of Qld, just replacing a gearbox, with a non standard gearbox requires a blue 'mod plate' from Department of Transport. You have your hand in your wallet at every turn! IMO put it back to standard, I have x4 of the 'ole girls', from 1951 to 1966 and that's part of the joy/experience of driving a classic car 50+ years old. I can drive any modern 'ananesthetized' motor vehicle, with power steering. Well thats my 'two bobs worth'. Regards OES