MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

Will a bmw 325I engine fit MARK2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a bmw 325I engine fit MARK2?

Need a good engine under 3000c which will give decent millage per litter

Old 07-25-2017, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

FYI, you should just keep posting to your other posting rather than making so many posts all about the same question.

I have put a GM LS1 V8 5.3 liter engine so any 6 cylinder engine will fit. I am sure you can fit that engine but what you really need to think about on a new modern engine is, are there local auto computer tuners in your area as all of the modern engines use fancy electronically controlled fuel and engine systems. Thus if the engine is modern and it is not commonly modified by performance tuners you may have issues adjusting the settings to match your Jaguar. Remember any engine swap is going to require a lot of modifications and those can add up to a lot of costs so be aware no matter what engine you use, engine swaps are generally not a good idea if you have cost issues.

If you want a good reliable easy to service engine under 3 liters with good HP, you should go with a Datsun 1970 to 80's inline 6 and run SU carburetors which are easy to tune and reliable without the fuel injection. The Datsun engine is much more reliable than the Jag 6 and there are so many performance upgrades to that engine, many performance engine builders, and will put out more power. Typical Z car engines will last over 250,000 miles.

If you have more questions, just post them to your existing posts rather than posting your topic multiple times

Last edited by primaz; 07-25-2017 at 11:14 PM.