Motorsports Discuss anything to do with racing here....... F1, Drag racing, Indy 500, BTCC etc etc

Moto GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts
Default Moto GP

Moto GP got back to the kind of racing we like to see last night, with multiple lead changes in the last 5 laps. Instead of the procession we have been seeing since the start of the season. It would be nice to have 4-6 riders in that battle.
Lets hope it stays like that for the rest of the season.
Marquez is the real deal and the others need to step up, but realistically there are only four bikes on the grid capable of winning races. Do they have the right pilots on the last two or should Bradl and Crutchlow be on the factory bikes that are going to waste with Rossi and Pedrosa?
There is no doubt of Pedrosa's or Rossi's pedegree but Pedrosa will never bring Honda a championship and Rossi may never win again. Yes,he is still top 5 material but that doesn't bring you championships.
Bautista and the Espargaro brothers probably have what it takes to be in the top 3 finishers if they had machinery to match their talent .
Bring back the days of 6-8 podium capable bikes matched with the best riders on the grid.

Attached Thumbnails Moto GP-mugello-2014.jpg   Moto GP-rainey-26.jpg  
Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree! Lead changes with multiple riders capable of winning make the racing much more exciting. Marquez is just so much better than the rest right now. Reminds me of when Casey Stoner was winning every race. Great for us Ducati fans but not very exciting racing action.

We went and saw the Austin race live when they came here last month. It was a bit more exciting in person even though Marquez smoked them at that race too, but most people never go see a live race.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:36 AM

Being Gardner,Doohan and Rossi fan. Then Stoner who I followed right from his first foray into Europe and all of them were at the top of their game in their era's. But there was still more guys on the grid then capable of taking it to them,maybe not beating them on a regular basis.
Stoner was untouchable on the Ducati, says a lot since no one else has managed to tame it.
I have to agree,seeing the racing live is still great. Eastern Creek(early 90's) and Phillip Is are right up there.

Bring on more factory bikes with the best riders.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 AM

" I don't know where he gets his excuses, but I wish I had them when I was racing" Mick Doohan
Moto GP-doohan-22.jpg

Old 09-24-2017, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by o1xjr
Do they have the right pilots on the last two or should Bradl and Crutchlow be on the factory bikes that are going to waste with Rossi and Pedrosa?
There is no doubt of Pedrosa's or Rossi's pedegree but Pedrosa will never bring Honda a championship and Rossi may never win again. Yes,he is still top 5 material but that doesn't bring you championships.
Obviously Rossi has proved since my original post that he still has the goods.
My opinion of Pedrosa is still the same. He will be referred to as a former GP winner in the future like Daryl Beattie, Randy Mamola and many other very talented riders.

Last edited by o1xjr; 09-24-2017 at 06:13 AM.