New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings from Acworth, GA! (XJ40 content)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Acworth, GA! (XJ40 content)

I'm a lifelong sporting car nut (the serious kind, I autocross, and raced in SCCA years ago) who came home to a wonderful surprise last month.

She Who Must Be Obeyed brought home her stepfather's `93 XJ6 (4.0ltr.)-he sold it to her for only $2000! I started this hobby in Triumphs, and am abolutely delighted to have a British car in the family again. And a Jaguar on top of it! It's got about 150K mi. on it, has been well-enjoyed, but not abused. We have a few small problems, mostly because the poor thing sat unused for a few years (but I'll go into those in the XJ40 forum). I'm mostly here for technical information, I'm not afraid of DIY (in fact, I prefer it!)..but I'll admit that I'm more of a "parts changer" than a technician. I stink at diagnosis. Looking forward to your company, and your help. The short trips we've taken in the car so far, the thing just astonishes me. "Grace, Pace and Space", indeed!

She's already teasing me that between the two of us..*she* owns something built by a marque that has won Le Mans..

Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 193 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the site "FGC" (too much to type out that moniker!) Well you gotta hand it to the wife that she's got taste in cars! Lots of tech help here.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Received 6,257 Likes on 5,457 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

I wish my wife would buy nice cars for me.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome to the forum. We'd love to see some pictures of your new Jag. Hope the problems with the car stay minor and you enjoy the he77 of if it.
Have a good time here.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Pics once I'm out of the probationary period!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by JameyXJ6
Welcome to the site "FGC" (too much to type out that moniker!)
No problem at all! I'm active on the Grassroots Motorsports (the magazine) forums, and they shorten it to that all the time. I'm actually a watercooled VW guy. Where the nym comes from: I have a `92 Corrado that was originally a Florida car, and the green paint has major issues. I'm a native rural Southerner (who moved to Atlanta to work).."Fried Green Tomatoes" is one of the few "chick flicks" that I honestly enjoy-simply because I can affix the name of a real person to almost every personality type in the film. Of course, if I sell all my VWs and drag home a non-running XJS (loved those cars since Bob Tullius ran them in Trans-Am), you'll know the little XJ40 got her claws into me.

-Jay Roberts, Atl.
`93 XJ40 4.0