New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings from the North Pole

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Greetings from the North Pole

Good day to everyone,

Finally joined the forums since summer is here and maybe it's time I start working on my Jag rather than just driving it.

First of all I have a confession to make - I don't exactly live at the North Pole, but close enough that it only takes me one day to reach Europe's northmost spot so I guess that counts.

So far my Jag is the third car I've owned. My first ride was a VW Golf -12, bought it new and it had a leaking tank, various electrical problems on top of which it left me on the side of the road once so when the warranty was nearing it's end I had to let it go. After the Germans I turned to the Brits for help as I had driven both a Disco 3 and a Disco 4 (or a LR3 and LR4 for those in the states) for a while and I thought I'd buy a Freelander, which I did. Unfortunately that had a starting problem which occurred after 6 months of ownership, and it would occasionally not start at all.

Finally I came to my senses and got my dream car, the Jag XF, and I'm loving every piece of it. The ride is superb, and after I got rid of the noisy tires it came with and sacrificed some dry grip for a better ride (read: narrower tires) it turned out rather quiet as well. I just can't get around my head how such a heavy car can do both corners and straight roads so fantastically.

Anyway, since my history of issues I 'had to have' a little problem with this one as well. Very soon after rolling out of the shop I found out the tank leaked diesel all over the place, and after three visits to the shop they finally got it fixed. Luckily I still had the 6 month dealership warranty on the car so it didn't cost me anything more than time and frustration.

Since then It's been 4 months and no problems so I'm really hoping that's the most of it for now.

Here's a pic of my baby now, still completely stock except I got the rims painted but I'm hoping this summer she will get something new:

My Jaguar XF 2.7D -08 just after a detailing

Here you can better see the silver chrome paint on the rims

I've also had a fair share of winter fun with her...

She really likes snow. RWD with studless winter tyres and a fair 20-30cm of white powder snow is a perfect combination for fun.

Unfortunately someone decided my car looked too mint and scratched my rear bumper. Luckily though they were kind enough to leave a note and I got it fixed reasonably easy without cost, and the damage was minor. Just a pain to see the car you've just bought rear-ended into, it really hurt my feelings. And probably hers too..

Stuff happens, you might be careful but someone else might not..

So that's about it, I think I wrapped up most of it here. If you got this far in reading I congratulate you, and thank you for your interest I will definitely come up with a lot of small projects and also many questions regarding them in the future so I hope we will be discussing those at some point.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 06-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,996 Likes on 5,312 Posts

That's a real Pain that someone hit your bumper so hard it's not only warped, it's out of alignment! That Stinks! Pretty car though.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 06-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Received 10,340 Likes on 6,841 Posts

Welcome.

Ya got a leaper, maaaaaate, you will live long and prosper, really.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Received 3,852 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,820 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dare,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I was wondering where was the snow and ice until I got down to the third photo! Shame about the rear bumper. I had the same thing happen to my car in a Malaga car park last summer but the other driver didn't leave me a note.

Follow this link XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X250 forum for help, advice and information.

You can also visit the Europe Region forum by following this link Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 06-05-2016, 06:13 AM
Received 4,192 Likes on 3,653 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 06-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Received 6,257 Likes on 5,457 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Dare,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you everyone for your replies and kind advice Incidentally my rearview camera just started showing some problems in the picture so I'll have to look up if there is a thread about the issue already or I'll have to make my own. Hoping it's just a loose cable or something easily fixable.

LnrB, exactly, luckily enough none of the clips broke so with a little fiddling and a new paint she turned out good without the need for a new bumper.

Grant, thanks mate! Yeah, love the leaper She wouldn't be the same without. It belongs, period.

GGG, I'll be posting more pics of her in the show your XF thread so I'll try to look up some nice snow pics. I'm sorry to hear someone has hit your car too, frankly the only reason it didn't ruin my day is that they left a note. It's not common for people to leave notes and nowadays in Finland due to stupid laws it's not mandatory either (self-discrimination laws, which basically state that while you should contact the owner, you never have to witness against yourself, which you basically would do. So there...).

Last edited by Dare; 06-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-05-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<