New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings and thanks to all

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Greetings and thanks to all

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of an 03' XJR and just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the excellent content that I've been reading over the last few months. It has been very helpful through the research and purchase process for my new Jag.

A little about me and my new pet; I've been a petro head my entire life, have always worked on and maintained my own vehicles since the age of 9 and have always hoped one day that I'd be able to own a Jag. I've always loved the look of them and until farily recently, never thought I'd actually own one. My first car was a 1974 Dodge Monaco, AKA "Bluesmobile" and hence began my love of the V8/RWD combination.

After much searching and a lot of research on the X308/XJR, I made a trip to southern California over the weekend and picked up my new car. It's a very nice XJR with <80k miles. Well maintained, lots of records, etc... We had a good amount of time to get to know eachother as the return trip to my home in Montana is ~1200 miles away; which I completed yesterday in a single sitting... I haven't made that kind of a road trip since I was in college and I must say that it was a very positive experience other than the ~50mi of snow and ice that I encountered last night. Overall, really not bad for MT in the middle of February and we made it home safely.

So, thank you to the forum and to all the members for the valuable information and experience that will hopefully lead me to a long life of satisifed and inspired Jaguar ownership.

Cheers.

The following 2 users liked this post by damndoo:
GGG (02-20-2014), JimC64 (02-19-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 01:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Welcome to the forum damndoo,

Thanks for the interesting Intro. Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums and pleased to hear you found useful information here to help research your X308 purchase.

After all the reading you'll be familiar with the XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum X308 tech section.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Central Region forum by following this link Central US - MT WY CO ND SD NE KS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 AM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums damndo,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 AM
Received 4,180 Likes on 3,643 Posts

welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided - enjoy!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

welcome and enjoy the board

Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Welcome damndoo, I made that drive 10 years ago at the first of April. You really must have wanted that car to do it in February!

Old 02-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to some better weather up here so I can go eat some more highway.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 PM

Thanks very much Jim, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you on the forum.