New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello All. Another first time Jag owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All. Another first time Jag owner

Hi , I have been on the forums for two weeks now but still a newbie!

I live in the ancestral & historic home of Jaguar. Good old Coventry!! Infact about a mile away from Browns Lane. Though there is nothing left now other than the museum. All levelled and ready for house builds.
Lived in Cov all my life, Knew loads of people who worked at Jag. And was left very bitter about Ford closing the home on Jag. Many in the city felt & still feel the same.

Its a shame I can only stretch to a X type. A car that is built in Halewood Liverpool. I'd love an original Cov Car.
My neighbour 2 doors down was a Jag test driver for 40 years , he is 85 now. He has told me countless stories of the cars and how he hated the E type v12 as it would constantly break down in the days before Mobile phones etc. Believe me there are some horror stories been told....

Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy Bolly

Welcome to the forum! You are going to love that X.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Bolly, welcome to the site, hope you're enjoying the experience so far!
Great to have a new member from the ancestral home of the marque as you put it......If ya have some of those stories might be worth recounting some of them some time.....I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest
Why not drop by the off topic section and add your pic to the mug shot thread? Maybe join in with some of the banter type threads? There's usually plenty going on!
Don't forget to drop by the regional section too and add your name to the growing list there....
You should enjoy the X section.....loads of members, good info, plenty of posts and the x type quick FAQ link thread.
Personally, I love the X and it was my car of choice some time ago....really want an XKR but I'm poor....lol

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, I hope you get your desirable or most fave Jaguar , but X Type still a Jaguar and a good one I think

Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Bolly enjoy your X. Look forward to some of the tales sometime over in the Off Topic section helps to keep the history alive.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome!

I would love to just visit Coventry. I could listen to the old stories all day from those who lived it every day.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 AM

Coventry is not a great city visually and most people here want to get out. However its engineering heritage is massive. The inventor of the first jet engine, Sir Frank Whittle came from Coventry. Triumph motorcycles came from Coventry and are now made up the road in Hinckley. Its about the only thing left here that we make. I work in Engineering and over the years have seen dramatic changes in the industry in the city. Everything has gone. Peugeot closed on 07 and is now levelled to the ground ready for housing.
It was a great city for Car manufactures steeped in historical vehicles. We have a fantastic museum now Coventry Transport museum its free and well worth a visit. Thrust 2 & Thrust SSC that broke the land speed record to 763 mph in 97.

This link shows many of the past Coventry Car manufacturers, many of which I have never heard of!
http://www.micma.co.uk/car-manufacturers.php

I am proud of my city. Just gutted that Jag pulled out. Bloody Ford!!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by cadillac
Welcome, I hope you get your desirable or most fave Jaguar , but X Type still a Jaguar and a good one I think
I like all Jags, though and i will probably be hung drawn & quartered for saying is here. I dont like the look of the XF's My brother in Law has one and though its fast and luxurious to me (personally) it just does not look like a Jag. I like the twin headlamp characteristics and body shape. This is just my opinion before all the XF owners come for me...

My favourite current car would be XJ4200 4.2 V8 Supercharged LWB or SWB They look stunning!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.3 KB

Relax Bolly, I doubt anyone , will be coming for you
....lol
Its not that type of forum here.....

Me personally though, I love the XF and the way it represents the way forward for Jag, but understand how some people still yearn for the past styling / glory days