New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

I've got a new hobby!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts
Default I've got a new hobby!

Against the best wishes of my friends, I bought a 2003 S-Type 6-cylinder.
When asked why, I replied I wanted some luxury in my life. I already have a comfortable car (Matrix), an economy car (Metro), and for fun, I have motorcycles and scooters (ZZR600, CBR600F4i, Reflex, and C3). Getting on in the years, I felt it was time for a change. Also coming off of a divorce (she was hawt, but ....) I thought a nice car with a comfortable back seat would be important to future dating.

The car is anthracite with dove interior. Owned by a little old lady from Irvine, California, I flew down to Southern California and drove the car back to the Bay Area. With 67000 miles, I thought I would have the upper hand in regard to wear and tear. I will be changing the transmission oil and pan, new spark plugs, fuel filter, oil and air filters. I am bleeding money here.

Not surprisingly, the lights droop, but I believe I fixed that this morning. Will just have to wait for tonight to be sure. I wish the previous owner didn't lie to me and state that there were no problems with the lights. While fixing the lights, I discovered that somebody had removed the bumper and did not put it back together correctly. Additionally, half of the fasteners are missing. Guess what my most immediate task is?

Well, as you can see, I tend to ramble on a bit, nay, a lot. This introduction was mandatory so I hope it met with your approval. Don't expect my other post to be as coherent, if this one even was.

"The Jaaag." - Jeremy Clarkson

Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
GGG
Received 16,747 Likes on 12,140 Posts

Welcome to the forum heima,

Totally coherent.

Annoying about the lights and bumper but could have been worse. Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You might also want to visit the Western US Region section by following this link Western US - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the rear seat accommodation and the forum.

Graham

Old 09-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, heima. Follow Graham's good advive and we won't ask what you want the back seat for!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Received 6,239 Likes on 5,441 Posts

Welcome to the forum heima,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard, good to have you here with us here at JF

Totally coherent by the way............we understand your speak...lol

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts

Welcome, indeed. Enjoyed your intro. If you can compose your other posts in at least the same manner, you've got this forum in your hands lol

Enjoy your new hobby, you've got a nice car beneath the niggles.

Steve