New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar Master Technician and also new here

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Master Technician and also new here

I am new here and i love interacting with my customers and fellow jaguar enthusiasts so i went ahead and registered! I am a Master Jaguar Technician at Jaguar of Ft. Pierce and I just sold my XJ8 a while back to make room for some other toys and new projects but i have a feeling the new XKR will be my next project! we shall see!

If ANY OF YOU have ANY TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH YOUR JAGS, FEEL FREE TO ASK AWAY AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar Master Technician and also new here

Jag Master:

I've got an 06 X Type 3.0 that has a noticable drive train whine at interstate speeds. My dealer is telling me it's normal for this model. Am I getting the straight skinny on this. The 03 2.5 I used to have was dead quiet.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM

we have had some issues (on the older x-types especially) with a rear diff whine (some of the newer ones have done this as well) there is an insulation kit available to help deaden the drivetrain noise (it fits under the trans tunnel in between the heat shield) but i beleive the 06 comes with this from the factory.

you can ask the servicing dealer to refer to tsb numbers xt205-01, xt100-03, xt100-09, and xt100-11. i can not post these tsb's on a public forum due to there is a possibility jaguar would slap my wrist for doing so [&:] all these tsb's refer to driveline noises at highway speeds regarding the rear differential.

without hearing your noise, i can only go on what you are telling me. but in my honest opinion, the rear differential is the culprit and we have replaced quite a few of them over the years for whining at highway speeds. let me know if i can be of any further assistance! if you are in the fort pierce area, you can bring your jag on by and i can look at it for ya! just a thought... GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jag Master

I am new here and i love interacting with my customers and fellow jaguar enthusiasts so i went ahead and registered! I am a Master Jaguar Technician at Jaguar of Ft. Pierce and I just sold my XJ8 a while back to make room for some other toys and new projects but i have a feeling the new XKR will be my next project! we shall see!

If ANY OF YOU have ANY TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH YOUR JAGS, FEEL FREE TO ASK AWAY AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU!
[/align][/align]Welcome to the Boards! [/align]

Old 01-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I am convinced that the rear diff is the source of the noise, and, will have another go at my local dealer.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Jaguar Master Technician and also new - question

the XJS is a pretty decent car. however, the maintenance cost are pretty steep 30, 60, 90k services. those figures seem right. mid 90's xjs's had a problem with ac evaporators leaking and also some had diferential problems. both are expensive repairs. aj16 motors also had a problem with coils going bad etc. over all it is a nice car and a very classy car! but the maintenance costs are significantly higher than other automobiles. just food for thought! best of luck to ya!

Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM

i have never really dealt with a remote start on a jag but i have seen a few of them with it. as far as the ones i have seen, they worked ok.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Hey Jag Master,

Hope all is well. I purchased a 03 X Type 2.5 with 37K miles about 10 days ago. What is the best way of finding out if all TSBs has been done on it? At this point, there is the remaining warranty and I want to make sure I get everything done. Also, once the warranty runs out, do the dealers fix repairsfor free foradditional TSBs that are posted?

Here are few very minor things i have noticed;

1) What is your take on paint peeling off on the bumpers? Is this something the dealer can fix for free?
2) Air Vents on the dashboard are loose, looks like they keep popping up, any suggestions? Dealer fix?
3) Right front speaker not working, a dealer fix?
4) Gas cap, not attached to the car, i think it is broke, dealer fix?
5) Driver seat, rocks back and forth when I brake
6) Dashboard light dimmer control knob not working properly....it blinks when i touch it.
7) Engine loud at high speeds, is this normal? RPMs under 3 so I am thinking this is fine.

Thanks a lot....

Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome James,

Great to see you on board. There are already three current Factory techs in regular attendance, so life for independents like me gets easier when there are more of you guys to keep us up to date and help share the load.

This board is far and away the best of any I have found, and I hope you experience the same level of congeniality and productivity that this site offers.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Jamzs, the girgling sound is the in-cabin filter which continues to filter the air in the car after the car is turned off. It turns on again once you open the doors. If you actually stay inside the car a little bit, you'll hear the sound go away, and turn on again when you open the door or soon there after.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  6.4 KB

Hi Jag master and welcome to the forum
Always nice to add to our steadily growing number of Jag techs on this board. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum and the members will welcome your input I'm sure.

Jagtechohio has been very helpful since he joined as I'm sure you will be looking at your post. Hopefully after a short while with some frequent visits and no doubt sound advice to add to the existing tech certified Jag techs we can look at getting you ceritfied if you so wish.

All the best

Jim

Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Jim, you sure jag master is still around? After all, his last login was 1/2007...over a year ago! lol

Old 04-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Jimbo, you been smokin the wrong stuff? You gotta see the dates mate. LOL! I was surprised when I saw the thread again though.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Master Technician and also new here