New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Member Intro

Hi, Introducing myself to the forum.......

We own a '72 E-Type 2+2 and a '91 XJS V12 Convertible. We've had the E-Type for 20 years, and the XJS about 3 years. I rebuilt the V12 in the E-Type about 10 years ago and ended up doing a nearly complete restoration while I was into it. I like to do everything myself. The XJS is a totally different car and we love that when we want to cruise in the open air.

In particular I love to restore Jaguars and Corvettes, also have owned a 1959 Corvette for 25 years and restored several others. Also tinkered around restoring antique boats for many years too.

Hopefully I can learn more here, and share some of my Jaguar experience with others.

Link to pics of the E-Type Here

Thanks,
Rich
p.s. My website Here

Old 04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Rich, welcome to the forum. You have a great website with fantastic pictures. You'll be a great asset to the forum. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Rich, I'll be having a look at your site a little later. E Type, XJS, and restoring antique boats, doesn't get much better than that.

Great name BTW

Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Rich and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Ahhhhh! What's it like in your world, Rich? Jags, Vettes and Boats. Adopt me!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Received 6,257 Likes on 5,457 Posts

Welcome to the forum Rich,

Glad to have you with us.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 AM

Thanks to all for the intro welcome! Yes it doesn't get much better.......fun with cars.

I've been lurking around this week at various Jag forums and this one seems to be the one for me. I've been on Jag-Lovers for many years and would like some different perspectives, along with a better updated forum shell. Having worldwide exposure and input is very important to me.

I read through the Intro page after I registered and understand the process. Seems a bit extreme to me but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I'll be adding a few threads on some of my XJS experiences on the XJS forum later as well.

I'm eager to become part of the group.......thanks again.

Rich

Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another welcome to you, Rich. Those cars are absolute beauties and you have quite a talent! What a strong marriage you must have as well! My wife gets mad when I dissapear to change a tailight.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanks Joe.......Actually, the E-type is hers! I'm just the mechanic!

All kidding aside, a story about it..... In 1991 when we were living in NH, I always attended the monthly Car Show/Swap Meet in my local area. I spotted the Jag with a for sale sign on it. My wife, Cathie, always loved the 2+2, and I talked with the owner and set up a separate inspection later that day at his home. She and I and the 3 boys took a ride to go check it out. I warned her about the color, that light tan which I wasn't too crazy about and that she may not like it. She fell in love with it the second she saw it. The rest is history.

We did a few things to it right away to make it safe, and tinkered with it whenever we had time. We both worked on it together quite often when she felt she could help. We did the interior together, new carpets, dash pad, seat covers, etc, and it made the inside like new. I always got to do the greezy' stuff. She used to take the 3 boys for rides whenever she could. The 2 younger boys were just the right size for the back seat!

BTW, a few months ago those younger 2 boys(now 20 years older), were in the front seats, and guess who was in the back seat when we drove 2 hours to the Sebring Historic Sport Car Races. Mom stayed home and let us "guys" take her car for the day. Yes, dad was in the back seat. It was strange sitting there looking at my 2 boys up front taking turns driving! We had a great day.

Rich

Old 04-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Rich welcome aboard the forum, good to have you here
Nice intro and thanks for the info too......
As for the waiting period? There's a good reason....we were hammered with spammers some time ago and this was one of the measures put in place.
Some great guys / DIY'ers and top techs here all friendly and willing to help if able.

There's also more than a few laughs and plenty going on in the Off Topic sections + the regional areas, so check them out.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can immediately enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer, enjoy the site.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:40 AM

Hi Jim!

I understand...... Thanks for the manual upgrade, I was hoping you were going to do that.

With just a few posts I already feel right at home. You have a great site here!

Thanks,
Rich