New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member Phoenix area

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member Phoenix area

Hi Foks,
Here is a short introduction to get me rolling in Jag info. I now own my first jaguar, a 97 XK8 with 48,000 miles. The car is in excellent condition as I bought it from the fussy original owner. I have owned several brit cars, two Austin Healeys and an MG. I enjoyed them very much, but cannot compare to this Jag.
The car is stock and is in the shop gettin the cam chain tensioners replaced before I have an issue. I am a long time hot rodder and motorcycle enthusiast. I have owned over 20 Brit bikes over the years. I presently have a 62 corvette, a 57 thunderbird, a 63 Dodge super stocker, a 64 Plymouth wagon,and a 65 el camino. Car poor is a label that fits.
Thanx, Robert Myers, Mesa, AZ.

Attached Thumbnails New member Phoenix area-jag.jpg  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Bob. Welcome! I like your collection. Sounds like you got a nice Jag and know enough about it to do the important upgrades. I have found these forums to be the best single source of Jag info. The members are extremely knowledgeable and are happy to help.

I see South Dakota and Mesa as locations. Snowbird? I lived in Phoenix for a year in the 80's.

Enjoy.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bob,

That collection in the garage will keep you fully occupied. The XK8 certainly looks to be in excellent condition and getting the plastic tensioners replaced will save an possible engine disaster.

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section for help, advice and information.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US central Region section by following this linkhttps://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/central-us-mt-wy-co-nd-sd-ne-ks-36/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bob,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts
Smile

Welcome Bob,
That is some collection you have had. Sensible idea, getting the tensioners done. You will find this a very friendly place with a huge amount of expertise if things go askew, hopefully that won't happen too often.
Enjoy it, it is a great car.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Bob & welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Nice intro, thanks

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features. Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It`s true, I am a snowbird. Six months in the Black Hills of South Dakota and six months in Mesa Az. I bought the Jag from the original owner, 48,000 babied miles, bone stock original. The car is in amazing condition, in fact, I worry that I won`t be able to keep it as nice as the original owner.
I have no real plans to modify the car, probably magna flow mufflers and 20 Lexani wheels will be it. If the motor ever goes south I might have to go the corvette engine/trans combo.
I am looking forward to learning all I can about the xk8.