New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member Says Hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Says Hello

Howdy,

Just joined your group yesterday. I have had several Jags over the years; 2 XJS, 2 XJ 6. This was long ago. Recently I acquired a 1990 XJ6 Sovereign w/85K miles. Three weeks ago I, my wife and daughter were run off the road while in Florida. We were forced onto a small knoll/stand of palm trees. Missed all but the last one! Hit it sideways while airborne and wiped out the passenger side before sailing into a salt water overflow pond, where the car sunk. My wife and daughter escaped through the broken windows. I was trapped in my seatbelt. I still don't know how I wriggled out. Amazing what you can do when there is water rising around your neck.

A couple of things: 1. Jaguars don't float all that well. 2. If it had been any poorly made car, I am convinced it would have folded in half and the out come would have been far worse. We all walked (swam) away with relatively minor injuries. 3. I and all members of my family will never be without a seatbelt tool in all of our cars.

Anyway, I am here to help determine what kind of Jag I would like to get as a replacement. It will be something without automatic seatbelts and at least a drivers and passengers airbag. I will have a lot of questions, I am sure. I know you all will be a great asset.

Thanks for having me.

Peter

Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Peter, welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your accident, glad everyone came out alright. Best of luck in researching your new Jag. +1 on the seat belt tool. Have a great time on this site.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Thanks Nevette

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Peter, welcome aboard

Sosorry to hear about your accident but glad that everyone came away relatively unscathed....lucky white heather

There's usually plenty going on in most sections, most of the time.The S typers will welcome you I'm sure.....so get in there!

You might find the off topic good for fun, maybe check out the mug shot thread and add yours?
Don't forget the regional section and also the detailing section is a must.

Some good guys and great techs, top vendors and more to come....all good

In the meantime I've upgraded you manually to full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum Peter,

That sounds like a nasty experience, at least you all got out safely.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Peter and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Default Thanks For the Welcome

Thanks Jim for the welcome amd upgrade. Thanks to you too Norri.

Thanks for the suggestion about adding my car details to my signature Gus. Unfortunately, my 1990 Sovereign is totaled as of 04/13. As soon as I get my "new" Jag, I will add a photo, details, etc. I guess I could post pictures of my poor totaled (and drowned) Sovereign.

Peter

Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Nah...Don't post those. It will only sadden some.. Glad to hear you and your family are OK.... And don't worry about the signature. Look at mine. I don't have a Jag anymore but still hang here... Welcome!