New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:21 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?

Thank you Queenie my dear, glad I wasn't the only one..I didn't want to sound like a sore ***..but they are too difficult to deal with for my liking.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

being that they have low mark ups on most cars chances are they will give you less for your trade in then what the dealer will. If you give me year make model trim level options miles and color and overall condition on your trade ill give you a fair idea of what its worth on a dealer level.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok, I did some research for you and after reviewing my sources ( i use dealer only black-books, auction results and good old autotrader) Im guessing they should give you no less then $20k for the car as a trade-in.

If you dont need the money to make the other car deal happen id suggest cleaning it up very well, taking some great clear pictures of it, and putting it on autotrader for no more then $24,...

As far as the rear bumper since you said it has had no damage to it besides scratches I would leave it alone if you were trading it in.

If you were going to sell it yourself depending on how they look, ask your lexus dealer what day and time they have a touch up guy come by.

All dealers have someone, etiher in house or that comes by once or twice a week that does simple paintwork including painting bumpers, ususally dirt cheap (less then $100 each)

What I used and assumed: that you live within 50 miles of TCD (from your user name) and local auction results and comparable listed on autotrader.com, clean carfax for your car and its in good shape other as you stated other then maybe needing new tires

Now please tell me what offers you have gotten on the car and from who, i want to see how im doing vs them lol and if they are doing you good ?

Hope this helps, if you need any more help let me know -Erik

Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi everyone just joined the group, looks like allot of good Jag chat here.
I bought my first Jag at Texas cars direct back in 03. It was a very good price and in nice shape,it was an 01 S Type 3.0 with 19,500 miles. The customer service was ok with a no frills type of atmosphere.Guess thats how they keep the prices low.My car had a bald spare tire and was missing the cd six pack magazine,they were uninterested in fixing these small problems when I complained to them.I also realized some time later that the car had some paint reworked.It was a real good paint job and it looked great right up till I sold the car at 80,000 miles just a couple of months ago. I went to see if they had anything I wanted in a newer Jag and asked about a trade on the old one,they offered me half of what I sold it for privately.I wanted an 06 S type R and they didn't have any at the time. I found and purchased one down in Houston a few weeks later. To get back to the point I still would buy from TCD if they had what I wanted and a good price with out the frills of the dealership,and make sure you check the spare and cd player......

Old 04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

All I buy from them are convertibles.------Hurricanes don't get to DALLAS---no water worries. Good luck[/quote]

They buy and bring in their cars from all around the country...my first one was from New Jersey. They do a good job at re-conditioning and detailing.
Any one of them could be exposed to salt or hurricanes or whatever.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Park City Motors

I know nothing about Texas Cars Direct, but I did get my 06 XK8 from Dallas. I bought it from Jimmy Ford at Park City Motors. It was a great experience and Jimmy bent over backwards to get me financed. I got a great deal and have seen similar Jags on the net priced at 4-6 grand more. I bought the car with out seeing it or test driving it. I did run a car fax on it. It was a Jaguar lease return. I have had the car for 3 months now and it is in pristine condition, runs great, and everything works!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bought Mine There in September of 08

2004 XK8 convertible. As with any used car, the unforseen can happen. So, I looked, specifically, for a car with the Select Edition warranty. Since that time, the warranty has covered fixing the exploding soft top hydraulic system and BOTH of the wing window motors. I put about $1,000 into it, replacing a strut mount, bushing and some other incidentals. Again, these things could happen with any used car. The area where they most shine is in detailing. The paint is flawless and the leather is nearly perfect. I know they had to do some touch up of door dings and dye job of the leather...there's no way it could look this good. Also, I got a chance to drive a nice VDP while waiting for paperwork to get done. They also picked me up at the airport so I could buy and drive the car back home.

The one area I wouldn't give them props on: Their financing. I'd go with cash or a check from your local bank rather than deal with their third party loan company. I think they're centered in TN or GA.

I would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Maybe I should sell the Pilot and get a 2008 VDP right after the new body style comes out.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of discounts off of their listed prices has everyone gotten? just wondering how much they will deal off of their list prices.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought two cars from them (not Jags) and the experience was great but I live 3 miles from them. In each case they let me take the car for a full inspection by my mechanic. In both cases they fixed various things identified during inspection. My kids are still driving the cars......I will go back next time I am in the market.

Joe

Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up TCD is Up Front

I just bought a 2007 XJ8 from TCD - they were recommended to me by my mechanic (JagMac). I was looking for the right car for about a month after some frickin kid with a learner's permit totaled my 2000! Decent X350s are pretty hard to find, and they sell fast when they do show up.

TCD does not deal on prices at all, but as others have said, they will fix stuff if you identify it before the deal is done. They buy their cars from just about every auction all over the nation, so the only way to know where one came from is to check the carfax. From what I saw, their prices range from fair to really good, and most of them are closer to the really good. I never did understand why one 04 XJ8 they have is priced about $18,000 - that is about $8,000 more than it is worth! But I never saw anything else that I thought was unfairly priced.

Check their on-line inventory DAILY, and be prepared to move quickly if you see something you really want. Good luck,
Goose

Old 03-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Thumbs up Update: STRONGLY RECOMMEND Texas Cars Direct!!

I wanted to post this update and STRONGLY recommend Texas Card Direct for anyone serious about finding a good used Jag without surprises. I have only purchased one car from them, but here is the rest of the story . . .

I purchased my 2007 XJ8 one week ago, and in a very rare decision for me, I skipped the "mandatory" independent mechanical inspection on the car before I did the deal. This is something I would ordinarily never do, but frankly, their cars just all look so damn good I was lulled into complacency. That, and the fact that the car still had the original factory warranty available, and because I understood that TCD did a full inspection and took care of any wear items that needed attention before offering the car for sale.

But I still wanted my own mechanic to fully check it out so that I could be sure to have the local Jag dealer take care of any warranty issues that might be lurking before the magic 50,000 miles rolled around, so a couple of days ago I took it to JagMac for the checkup. Surprise, surprise, not all was as well as I would have liked in Jagland. The rear brakes were under 20%, several lights were out, one of the tires had a cut in the sidewall,and the two rear tires were pretty badly worn on the inside. Needless to say, I was a tad miffed and really kicking myself for not having the inspection done BEFORE handing over the money!

But I decided to give TCD a chance to make it right (without much hope of a happy outcome). And this is the great part - they immediately went and pulled the inspection records on the car, saw that they HAD noted the worn rear brakes, but somehow neglected to get them replaced before I bought the car. They have agreed to take care of all the issues my mechanic found (they use JagMac too, so they know and trust them), and they will give me a loaner while they have the car back. I consider this outstanding customer service when a typical shyster dealer would probably have just said "Sorry, done deal."

I'm not upset at all that they goofed on doing the brakes - anyone can make a mistake. And the fact is, that car was not scheduled to be available until 3/16, but when I found it there on 2/27 (with the carpets still wet from cleaning!), I bought it without hesitation.

So, bottom line on Texas Cars Direct is that they do inspect all cars as they come in and take care of any necessary maintenance and wear items. In my experience, most of their cars look brand new, or very close to it. And they do not seem to hesitate to take care of anything that they missed. Based on this experience, I will absolutely go there first when looking for a used vehicle!

Now an offer to y'all. If you are interested in a car at TCD but not local to the DFW area, I would be happy to take the car over to my mechanic for a full checkup. JagMac is only about 3 miles away from TCD, and they charge about $55 for the checkout. All you would do is call them and pay ahead for the inspection with a credit card. I'll run the car over there and then scan/email their report to you the same day. I'm retired, so this is not really a big deal for me, but after searching for the right car for a month and seeing how hard they are to find, I don't mind helping out a fellow Jag driver in the search. If you decide to buy, TCD already offers free pickup at either DFW or Love Field airports for people who fly in and drive home. Just thought I'd make the offer. Drive Safe,
Goose

Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goose,

That is a wonderful offer from you! When my wife finds a job, we want to put her in a Jag. I will give them a serious look.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Thumbs up Very Happy to Help

I'm glad to help. I think everyone on the US that can't find the Jag, Mercedes or Range Rover they want locally should look at Texas Cars Direct - they sell nationwide, and while I do not think they ship cars themselves, I think I saw on their web site that they will help arrange shipping.

But like I said above, most of their cars move VERY fast, so do not dawdle if you see something of interest. Their prices and cars are so good that they do not sit around. I stopped by there just last week and they only had TWO XJRs, ONE XJ8, and ONE XF - nothing else from Jag. When I was looking in February, they usually had close to 20 of the various models. Today their site shows eight Jags in various models - that is how fast the inventory changes. They told me that it is getting real hard to find decent Jags that meet their standards. Even though Jaguar is their primary focus, they always have way more Mercedes and Land Rovers than they do Jags.
Goose

Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

I can vouch for TCD too. I just purchased a 2007 XK convertible in Salsa (a rare color) in December from TCD for a client. I flew out and inspected it, then drove it back West. The car was nearly flawless, mechanically perfect (only 12,000 miles), all at a price about 5K lower than the average dealer was selling them for (with more mileage). It helped my reputation with my client as I found the car and vouched for it.

This is not my first dealing with TCD. I've worked with Dewayne and he is a genlteman's gentleman. their prices are so good that I often use their WS to check prices and values against local sales. No, they're not rock bottom, but no, they sell no junk either.

Although I've never purchased at TCD for myself, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to do so. Don't go there if you like to dicker on price, but compare their prices to any other source for a comparable quality car.

After heaping all these praises, I guess I need to say, no affiliation with TCD, except as a customer.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM

I had a very good experience at TCD also. July 2008 I dove four and half hours and traded an 02 Lincoln Ls for my current 05 S-Type R. The only complaint I have is that the front end wasn't aligned properly and wore out the front tires on the trip back. But the money I saved on the car outweighed the cost of a new set of tires.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Jamey, just reading and noticed your in Amaillo - I'm just south in Canyon.

See ya around maybe,

Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Just bought my 2006 XJ8L from Texas Cars Direct. I bought it and immediately had an airbag error. I brought it back and they took it to the dealer to get it fixed (loose connection under the seat harness.) They gave me a Mercedes E350 loaner, no questions asked and had the jag back by the end of the day.

Overseas Motors (Jag Dealer) is down the road a bit.

When I went over the car, it had 2-3 paint chips on the front bumper. They took it to the Paint shop and repainted the entire bumper before they put it up for sale. i test drove it and bought it.

Only 24K miles on an '06. wasn't brought into service until April 30th 2007, so the warranty is good 'till April 2011.

I purchased an exclusionary Warranty for an additonal 36 months for $1800. The cheapest I've seen for this type of warranty.

Good Guys all around.

They have more mercedes than anything else.