New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?

Anyone buy their precious at Texas Cars Direct? they really have an great deal of jags with the options im looking for
like someone did here.. and put a hold on my car!

http://texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb....aspx?id=0670A

they say they have clean carfax reports and stuff... but im just worried.... hurricanes came through there.... lots of standing water.... i dont want a WET CAT.

give me as much feedback as you can about these guys... my local dealers have no equipped models.. their all base.

THANKS!

Old 12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?

I tried to buy a Jag from them back in 03 and was given a run around and they wouldn't work with me much on holding the car till I could round up funds.. they didn't at the time even take a credit card to hold the deal, they wanted overnight money(I actually missed out on the car I wanted because of their tight assrules)..and they had some screwy deal that I had to pay extra for title and stuff because I was not a Texas resident..blah, blah..So needless to say I never went with them..I have heard they get a lot of their cars from the Gulf coast at auctions, etc..So whatever..

Don't get me wrong..a lot of people swear by them..I just had a bad experience.

But I will not ever attempt another deal with them.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

i personally like TCD and endorse them. I will be buying an XJ from them in the spring as well as possibly buying another XJ in just a few weeks from them. Their cars come from all over the country not just Texas or the gulf states.

I do agree with you Dennis they are very tight about how they take money etc. I was a cash buyer and they kinda got a little pissy when i told them I couldnt make it for a week to pick up the car even though i had already wired the deposit. They only take wires and not cashiers checks or personal checks. Im not sure what you mean by out of state title fee, i just had a $50 fee to process paperwork (thats their cost too so its fair) besides the price of the car itself. I do understand where they are coming from though, too many people could intend to purchase a car and then not. Meanwhile, they missed out on selling the same car to someone whos ready to move and the car is just sitting.

Like a lot of new car dealers they operate with a "floor plan". that means they are paying interest to the bank to finance each and every car for everyday it sits their unsold. They offer great prices by having lower overhead, and not marking the cars up as much as traditional dealers. I talked to them for 2 weeks on and off being very picky about my S type R before i moved on it. They continued to lower the price the whole time even though they knew i was interested. They even gave me first choice to finalize it when they had another interested party.

Some of their cars are great deals, some are just ok. It just depends on what they have in them aka what they paid.

As with any other dealers just make sure you protect yourself by asking a lot of qustions IE: has it had any paint work checked with a a paint meter( i can promise they dont hear that one a lot lol), new tires?, new brakes?, smokers car? etc

They had just put new brake pads on front and rear besides new tires when i bought it. They mis-installed brake pads ( dont ask me how) which ended up causing them to wear out very fast. I contacted TCD and with little pressure on them other then making it right they did fully re-imburse me for what it cost me to fix them So even thought htey are kinda difficult personality wise they did make it right for me which is what matters the most.

If the car is under warranty you really cant go wrong if the brakes and tires are all good!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I've heard 99% good things about them. You will get a bad experience with someone no matter what. They are up in Dallas, so I wouldn't worry about the hurricane stuff. My understanding is they trade in lease vehicles, so they come from all over the US.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

damn ken, we posted like 30 secs apart lol

midnight, what stock number are you interested in? i can also give u a few "tips" about them if youre serious, PM me

by the way, i just remembered youre in south florida. Their is a company down there that operates out of a big dirt lot called offleaseonly.com . i can seriously attest to them that they sell seriously wrecked, flooded etc cars so stay away from them! i have yet to hear one good thing about them. dont let their cheap prices lure you in.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

If you need someone to check out a car before you come up, let me know. TCD is like 30 minutes away from me.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:11 PM

it already has a deposit but i like thatone

Old 12-02-2008, 05:23 PM

they also sell marble and tile?? im on google street view and it shows tile and marble.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Midnight

it already has a deposit but i like thatone
That's nice! I had never heard of this place. Prices look excellent!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

would you buy it if it didnt have a deposit on it?

Old 12-02-2008, 05:46 PM

not right now.... i cant get out there till next year. january i mean

Old 12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

o ok well when youre serious let me know, i deal with the GM there and i could see what i could do for you. Only about 50% of their deposits turn into purchases because people change their mind about what they want etc.

I was just on the phone with him a couple of hours ago but forgot to ask him about that 1.

I was also interested in that one but it doesnt have the chrome 19" wheels on it. I was very serious about the reg XJ8 same color comb. with the 19s and even lower miles but it sold [&:]

Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 PM

so those wires are non refundable? i know what i want... a XJ8L with the silver interior.. nav, bluetooth, & Xenon lights. doesnt need to be the VDP

Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

id get heated seats too for resale, even in FL most people (including myself) wouldnt buy one without them...xenon lights are standard on all XJs 2006 and up

what color is silver interior? is that Dove gray?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM

yes the dove grey.. i had black and that just cracks and fades. so i really want the red with the dove grey... but thats not a combo that works. unless its special ordered..

Old 12-02-2008, 07:19 PM

does anyone know how to get the forums to go...

newest.....

oldest....

so i dont need to go always to the 2nd page to see the new stuff?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:20 PM

i dont plan on selling this car if i dont wreck it.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 PM

i made it to 2 stars in like 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOO!!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  6.0 KB

Hey Midnight..............loads of positives posted about TCD on here over the years........looks like you're gettin some good help from some good members on the ground too.............even got some guys tryin to get you the best deal, check stuff out for you...........Got it made bud

Let us know how you get on and if you buy

Jim

Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I tried to buy a Jag from them back in 03 and was given a run around and they wouldn't work with me much on holding the car till I could round up funds.. they didn't at the time even take a credit card to hold the deal, they wanted overnight money(I actually missed out on the car I wanted because of their tight assrules)..and they had some screwy deal that I had to pay extra for title and stuff because I was not a Texas resident..blah, blah..So needless to say I never went with them..I have heard they get a lot of their cars from the Gulf coast at auctions, etc..So whatever..

Don't get me wrong..a lot of people swear by them..I just had a bad experience.

But I will not ever attempt another deal with them.
I had a similar experience with them when I was shopping for my Jag. At the time I was looking at S types, went there to check one out. They have some gorgeous cars there! They keep them all indoors so the cars are not exposed to the elements. I live literally blocks away and have to pass there on my way to work every day. I would think it would be worth it to deal with them if you can get past their perplexing methods. Good luck Midnight.

Quick Reply: Texas Cars Direct... WHO!?